Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Maybe she should think about the fact that one is a representation of the foundation of the Christian Faith (forget about all the sky pixie stuff), the other one is a symbol of mysoginistic subjugation, used by the desert tribes, centuries before Mohammed and the Koran.

Strange that, the crucifix is only offensive to people that insist on subjugating women and modelling them on Daleks ?
Well that's the pride element on the boat - that's Ruth making a play for the leadership role - we now know shes vocal and put her cards in the game.
Once upon a time the Tory party was held together by some golden threads, the Church, the defence of our sovereign nation and the Countryside. Since they have been in power they have trashed all those things, It's now time for a change but we are stuffed for credible choices.

I understand that an 'Independent Panel' will be employed to reach any judgement!

From Where?
Independant, that will be shining bright!
They could just remove the whip from BJ, If they do then he becomes an Independent from where he can start to put some nasty plans in place without the threat of draconian action from CCHQ. I just wonder if he isn't just pushing them into such an action.
This is going to really cause TM to sleep badly as the summer holidays give active minds time to plan and scheme!

They could just remove the whip from BJ, If they do then he becomes an Independent from where he can start to put some nasty plans in place without the threat of draconian action from CCHQ. I just wonder if he isn't just pushing them into such an action.
This is going to really cause TM to sleep badly as the summer holidays give active minds time to plan and scheme!
They could indeed remove the whip from BJ but that could stir up an awful lot of problems from his supporters. I think this might be a warning shot across the bows of the sinking ship that is TM, possibly in an initial attempt to get rid of Branden Lewis and, if successful, targeted attacks to get rid of other senior Remainers.

BJ, if forced to become independant, would be an absolute nightmare for the government, holding a lot of parliamentary voting support needed for the government to push through legislation.

I doubt this is an attempt to force TM out and BJ for to replace her but it might happen by mistake, and that could be very scary for the Conservative Party and more so for the UK and what's left of it's Worldwide reputation.

They could indeed remove the whip from BJ but that could stir up an awful lot of problems from his supporters. I think this might be a warning shot across the bows of the sinking ship that is TM, possibly in an initial attempt to get rid of Branden Lewis and, if successful, targeted attacks to get rid of other senior Remainers.

BJ, if forced to become independant, would be an absolute nightmare for the government, holding a lot of parliamentary voting support needed for the government to push through legislation.

I doubt this is an attempt to force TM out and BJ for to replace her but it might happen by mistake, and that could be very scary for the Conservative Party and more so for the UK and what's left of it's Worldwide reputation.
Trump rates him!
There is so much activity going on at CCHQ thats a crash/fall out will happen.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
TM has obviously been reading up on how Heath ran Enoch Powell off the road.

Those active minds have been planning Treason May's unseating since she planned the fiasco of the Chequers meeting, the plotting will have begun then and will not have stopped. Come September conference season I think she will be forced out. This just provides the cherry on top of the cake as I can see the complete destruction of the Conservative party as the fallout from this particular scandal increases.
The party was split by the Chequers agreement, bullying Boris like this is making the Conservative Party membership walk away and look for another party, possibly UKIP.
May and her team have ultimately destroyed their own political party.

Those active minds have been planning Treason May's unseating since she planned the fiasco of the Chequers meeting, the plotting will have begun then and will not have stopped. Come September conference season I think she will be forced out. This just provides the cherry on top of the cake as I can see the complete destruction of the Conservative party as the fallout from this particular scandal increases.
The party was split by the Chequers agreement, bullying Boris like this is making the Conservative Party membership walk away and look for another party, possibly UKIP.
With an average age of 70 years old, the membership will only have one or two more rolls of the dice in the terms of elections.

Chequers agreement, bullying Boris like this is making the Conservative Party membership walk away and look for another party, possibly UKIP.
I don't think so, really. They're going through the mill at the moment, which would be a serious threat if the Labour Party wasn't in a similar condition. I was listening to something the other day suggesting the formation of a new centrist party composed of disaffected Labour and Tory politicians. I really can't see that happening. The Tories have no tradition of rebellion of this sort and the Labour Party still remembers the SDP fiasco at the beginning of the 80s.

As for UKIP... forget it. The voters have seen how incapable they were of holding things together after the referendum was done.

Blood will be spilled, but I suspect that it will all take place within the respective parties. I might well be wrong, though. Who knows?

In some ways it's an opportunity going begging. I have not felt inclined to vote for anyone in years. No one speaks for me and I cannot be alone in this.

The 70K figure for membership has been bastardised by the Party Chairmen in the past couple of years. Membership used to be regarded as paying members, it was recently adjusted to Paying Members and those who give their time voluntarily to the party. Actual membership figures have not been produced for a few years, only very vague figures have been produced.

The 70K figure for membership has been bastardised by the Party Chairmen in the past couple of years. Membership used to be regarded as paying members, it was recently adjusted to Paying Members and those who give their time voluntarily to the party. Actual membership figures have not been produced for a few years, only very vague figures have been produced.
Do you suspect that it's even lower?

How can the conservatives attract non geriatrics?

They were the party of upwards mobility when I started out. They are simply about austerity and stagnation these days

They don't do numbers any more. The state some of the Associations are in beggars belief, but there is a very active young element - or at least that's what I see on the doorstep now.
I have heard say that there are old ex Tory's rejoining as once in for more than 6 months they can vote in the leadership election. After all for some £25 membership is the weekly price of their evening tipple!

Do you suspect that it's even lower?

How can the conservatives attract non geriatrics?

They were the party of upwards mobility when I started out. They are simply about austerity and stagnation these days
Yes to lower.
The Party split is attracting young to the anti brexit fringe.
Austerity is a stuck record, they can't afford to stop it without the national debt running away with itself.

According to the BBC (PM Programme this evening) the complaints made to the Conservative party are "dozens" including, allegedly, 100 complaints raised by Muslim women. Firstly Boris made comments about their being forced to wear the Burqa/Niqab, but admitted that it was their right to do so, now we have allegedly 100 Muslim women complaining about his description. I wonder how many of those women are free to vote Conservative of their own volition.