Mrkonjic Grad RTA 1999 Information

Photos of the crash itself I've managed to find, and also a picture of Myself, Mayled, Tom and Richard, this was taken by Vanny approx. 15 mins
IMG-20180516-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20180516-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20180516-WA0033.jpga3.jpega1.jpgIMG-20180516-WA0033.jpga3.jpega1.jpgIMG-20180516-WA0033.jpga3.jpega1.jpg before fatal crash.

chilc3376

Clanker
Hi all,

I haven't come across too many posts like this on here, so if it inappropriate please feel free to remove it.
I'm the brother of PTE Richard Lloyd who died in a RTA on 6th December 1999 near Mrkonjic Grad and I'm hoping that this site may have people that were serving alongside my brother at the time.
I have read a few posts on here that mention the RTA or the memorial etc and would like to know any further information you may have.
I would like to have a better understanding of the location of the accident (if possible) and it might be a long shot, but any photos of the memorial in place or any photographs of my brother during the tour.

If you have any information feel free to PM me

Thanks
Gavin

Hi there, I was in the same Platoon as your brother and remember this day well. Please feel free to measure if you want any info.

Hi all,

I haven't come across too many posts like this on here, so if it inappropriate please feel free to remove it.
I'm the brother of PTE Richard Lloyd who died in a RTA on 6th December 1999 near Mrkonjic Grad and I'm hoping that this site may have people that were serving alongside my brother at the time.
I have read a few posts on here that mention the RTA or the memorial etc and would like to know any further information you may have.
I would like to have a better understanding of the location of the accident (if possible) and it might be a long shot, but any photos of the memorial in place or any photographs of my brother during the tour.

Thanks
Gavin

Hi all,

Thanks
Gavin
Hi,
I was the recovery mechanic based at the camp (MGSF). Although i didnt really know him i knew the driver, gunner and commander. The helicopter pilot was amazing that night. In bad weather conditions he held it along side the bridge for an age. Showing real skill. I don't know the official outcome, but i was there on that fateful day and the following days as i had to recover the Warrior back up to the road and then tow it with my Warrior to another camp so it could get taken back to the U.K (i think). The bridge was icey and i believe that it hit black ice and lost control. Nothing any ony could've done. The bridge never got much direct sunlight on it due to the sun not really raising above the mountains. It was 19 years ago yesterday, i spent alot of yesterday thinking about that and the following days.
R.I.P to both your brother and Vanny
I often wondered how the other guy in the back of the Warrior is today. I know the driver and gunner escaped with relatively minor physical injuries, but it must be on there mind alot.
Anyway, take care. We will Remember them
I've just come across this I was radio operator at Mrkonjić Grad bus depot I took all transmissions of what was going on at the time i wasnt allowed to leave my post for 36 hrs until it was all secured as they didn't want mis information and rumours going round my logs were given to the RMPS as far as I'm aware.