MRE Bombs

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
You can also do an MRE morter. Standard MRE panda bottle type thing, in a Pringles tube...

Howay_the_Lads said:
Maybe R&P could write to the Hamster on Braniac - Science Abuse and get them to an 'MRE Christmas Special'. For what it's worth I have seen some spectacular incediary devices made with the solidified cans of sugar from 10 man compo boxes and a splash of napfer or kero.
Skimmed milk powder and beans (in tins of course) Feckin awesome.

Perevodchik said:
Howay_the_Lads said:
Maybe R&P could write to the Hamster on Braniac - Science Abuse and get them to an 'MRE Christmas Special'. For what it's worth I have seen some spectacular incediary devices made with the solidified cans of sugar from 10 man compo boxes and a splash of napfer or kero.
and the ever popular cheese posessed bomb

Svyazist

Old-Salt
devexwarrior said:
Perevodchik said:
Howay_the_Lads said:
and the ever popular cheese posessed bomb
Showing my age now, compo margerine!

Whilst sat around in the desert, the chaps conducted extensive testing of exploding ration pack items. This involved chucking various tinned items in to the burn pit and waiting to see the end results. They concluded that whilst relatively small, the meat pâté did in fact produce the loudest results.

On another deployment, I recall seeing one individual suffer some quite painful burns as the result of a tin of mixed fruit pudding exploding in the burn pit. A box of 10-man had been emptied in to the pit the day before, then when the burn pit was relit the following morning, the tins of compo started cooking off. Moments later, globules of boiling mixed fruit pudding began raining down.

Howay_the_Lads

War Hero
Fraser said:
Whilst sat around in the desert, the chaps conducted extensive testing of exploding ration pack items. This involved chucking various tinned items in to the burn pit and waiting to see the end results. They concluded that whilst relatively small, the meat pâté did in fact produce the loudest results.

On another deployment, I recall seeing one individual suffer some quite painful burns as the result of a tin of mixed fruit pudding exploding in the burn pit. A box of 10-man had been emptied in to the pit the day before, then when the burn pit was relit the following morning, the tins of compo started cooking off. Moments later, globules of boiling mixed fruit pudding began raining down.
Aaagh yes - I do recall the burn pit up on a bare-arsed hill near Mrkonjic Grad circa '96. Everything went in it, and when a little napfer/kero/diesel mix was added and the trail of benz leading to the pit was lit, you ran like fekk. Along with the consumable items that cooked-off, there was the added hilarity of exploding turds, and burning bog-roll whizzing into the air.

And on a similar note, perhaps you can remind me who chucked 20L of kero on the Igman shit-pit, with the resulting noise which convinced the French they were being mortared

Howay_the_Lads

War Hero
Perevodchik said:
And on a similar note, perhaps you can remind me who chucked 20L of kero on the Igman s***-pit, with the resulting noise which convinced the French they were being mortared
I didn't do it. Maybe you could remind me.

deerhunter

War Hero
Yeah, and other "good ideas" involved using naptha to get an already-lit woodburning stove going in a bombed out house on a hilltop site nr Kljuc in '96 in -20 winter snow. How I laughed two days later when I finally got down to the QRH RAP with my burnt hand and face.

Memo to self and to others - "Do not, I say again, do not fcuk about with ANYTHING which does not need fcuking about with".

blindazh

Clanker
that would have been the previous temporary owners of "the smelly cow" villa in Mijacica. Nice chaps they were, liked guns alot.

blindazh

Clanker
quote deerhunter

Yeah, and other "good ideas" involved using naptha to get an already-lit woodburning stove going in a bombed out house on a hilltop site nr Kljuc in '96 in -20 winter snow. How I laughed two days later when I finally got down to the QRH RAP with my burnt hand and face.

this goes to show that lemon vodka and/or "Slipinaditch" mixed with orange screeeeech DO NOT mix. :lol:

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Wait while mate goes for a dump
Construct bomb as already stated
Drop bomb down 'Trap chimney'
Await exit of either
Diving lunatic with trousers round ankles
Or
Brown smelly monster threatening everyone (might be best to hide for a while and maybe take their weapon away too)

:thumright: :thumleft:

Howay_the_Lads

War Hero
blindazh said:
that would have been the previous temporary owners of "the smelly cow" villa in Mijacica. Nice chaps they were, liked guns alot.
Were you there when the Romeo Troop guys were there - licking the dead cows tongue?

blindazh

Clanker
Howay_the_lads wrote

Were you there when the Romeo Troop guys were there - licking the dead cows tongue?

yes, arrived shortly after them. funny them lads cutting said cow in rezzies and qrih bloke had beefburgers for tea iirc

Latest Threads