MrB Hammer'n'nails Ltd - Home made things from wood, cheap cheap prices!

After Interpol shut down MrB Elehcktircals Inc after the Paraguay incident, I decided that I wanted a proper hobby that didn't involve sports or following women around.

I've always had an interest in making things from wood, because I once watched a show on it, and I have a saw, which I once made a planter out of from an old pallet, which was alright until the black nasty gave out, and I put a shelf up in my shed once, but took it back down again because it seemed a bit... unstable.

For any soon-to-be fellow home wood craftery types, what sort of kit should I look at buying to start my hobby off?

For a pointer, MrsB wanted me to buy a spice rack for her at £29 from Amazon.

MrB: "No love, I'll make one.
MrsB: "Are you ******* kidding me?"
MrB: "Can't be that hard, Homer Simpson made one."

So I want something that can cut wood, but which does it for me, because **** saws quite frankly. I also want to go down the route of making planters, because I've seen the price those bastards charge for a simple box planter in B&cnuts and I figure I can do better (ha) and sell 'em at the local booty as there's lots of green fingery types around here (it's the water that causes it).

Any good tools to recommend? I already have a MacAllister hand jigsaw, but I can't find the last piece.
Just seen this. In case no-one has mentioned it so far...

There'll be blood and fingers everywhere.

Get someone who still has fingers to post pics, I could do with a laugh.

Best freebie I ever had, my mate Sam, PBUH, founder of the Berrow Liberation Front, was working at an MOD site up round Bath somewhere, decommissioning it. Rang me, do you want a saw? Of course. Turns up with an Elu table/chop flipsaw, fkin epic. He'd been told to bin it because the guard was missing!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You buy yours. You must be an urban type.
I do not buy mine. We get pallets delivered under the pellets for the biomass boiler.

I then use crow bar and axe to reduce said pallets to kindling for the fireplace.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
fixed foc

I fear that if FF ever had to slice n dice wood then his talented fingers and little grey cells may protest…..
Feck off, I have an interesting array of various implements for reducing any timber to kindling or logs for the fire.

And all my own fingers.

Today's interesting fact.

The chain saw was originally developed as a tool for cutting bone before it made its way to wood working unlike most other surgical instruments which moved the other way.

Feck off, I have an interesting array of various implements for reducing any timber to kindling or logs for the fire.

And all my own fingers.

Today's interesting fact.

The chain saw was originally developed as a tool for cutting bone before it made its way to wood working unlike most other surgical instruments which moved the other way.

I never really understood the need for this when it came to dental surgery
Tomakawk.jpg

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Dual purpose anaesthetic delivery and fast acting amputation device. Opium in one side, choppy choppy the other
You missed out "studded for his/her pleasure at the other end".

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You missed out "studded for his/her pleasure at the other end".
Tri Purpose Surgical Tool then, Sedation, Amputaion, Rogeration of the Nurse

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tri Purpose Surgical Tool then, Sedation, Amputaion, Rogeration of the Nurse
Why would you want to amputate your nurse?

I have joined the ranks of the idiots looking to lose some fingers.

I am making a cat house for the neighbour cats as they want to live here. It will be going inside a log store which I will be weatherproofing with some panels to keep the rain out. The inside of the frame will be untreated 6mm mdf with a cork matt floor to keep it dry and clean along with blankets. The gap between the frame and the inside and outside panels will have insulation boards slotted in and the outside will have 6mm mdf painted with outdoor wood paint to keep any weather out.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
irlsgt Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR) 1