MrB Hammer'n'nails Ltd - Home made things from wood, cheap cheap prices!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
After Interpol shut down MrB Elehcktircals Inc after the Paraguay incident, I decided that I wanted a proper hobby that didn't involve sports or following women around.

I've always had an interest in making things from wood, because I once watched a show on it, and I have a saw, which I once made a planter out of from an old pallet, which was alright until the black nasty gave out, and I put a shelf up in my shed once, but took it back down again because it seemed a bit... unstable.

For any soon-to-be fellow home wood craftery types, what sort of kit should I look at buying to start my hobby off?

For a pointer, MrsB wanted me to buy a spice rack for her at £29 from Amazon.

MrB: "No love, I'll make one.
MrsB: "Are you ******* kidding me?"
MrB: "Can't be that hard, Homer Simpson made one."

So I want something that can cut wood, but which does it for me, because **** saws quite frankly. I also want to go down the route of making planters, because I've seen the price those bastards charge for a simple box planter in B&cnuts and I figure I can do better (ha) and sell 'em at the local booty as there's lots of green fingery types around here (it's the water that causes it).

Any good tools to recommend? I already have a MacAllister hand jigsaw, but I can't find the last piece.

@Legs is your person for this kind of behaviour

You've got a garden full of pallets, but now you want to turn them into firewood?

Or try building a full-size replica of the Mary Rose? Someone on here's got a set of plans...

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I await the next question along the lines of. . . Does anybody know how to sew a hand back on.
I'll be over in the Medics board for that one. :D

@Old Stab The image I've conjured up of your deck is like something from the seventh layer of hell with upturned boards, nails sticking out to catch unwary children, etc. Very much, in other words, like what my first effort will look like.

I've made my deck from scavenging wood and pallets as well as all sorts of other shit.
I think you belong in the wood pikey thread...

I await the next question along the lines of. . . Does anybody know how to sew a hand back on.
If it's anything like MrB's Home Redevelopment Ltd. or MrB's DIY Incorporated then yes :)

Might he need the aid of...... a beauty with a power driven saw

After Interpol shut down MrB Elehcktircals Inc after the Paraguay incident, I decided that I wanted a proper hobby that didn't involve sports or following women around.

I've always had an interest in making things from wood, because I once watched a show on it, and I have a saw, which I once made a planter out of from an old pallet, which was alright until the black nasty gave out, and I put a shelf up in my shed once, but took it back down again because it seemed a bit... unstable.

For any soon-to-be fellow home wood craftery types, what sort of kit should I look at buying to start my hobby off?

For a pointer, MrsB wanted me to buy a spice rack for her at £29 from Amazon.

MrB: "No love, I'll make one.
MrsB: "Are you ******* kidding me?"
MrB: "Can't be that hard, Homer Simpson made one."

So I want something that can cut wood, but which does it for me, because **** saws quite frankly. I also want to go down the route of making planters, because I've seen the price those bastards charge for a simple box planter in B&cnuts and I figure I can do better (ha) and sell 'em at the local booty as there's lots of green fingery types around here (it's the water that causes it).

Any good tools to recommend? I already have a MacAllister hand jigsaw, but I can't find the last piece.

Bosch do a handy range of tools where you can share the batteries around. The drill and saws are decent. I have one of these...
Bosch PSA 18 Li Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Baretool) - Masseys

Interchangeable blades and saw types, ie rough wood and trees, fine cut and saws for metal and plastic.

The range is pretty extensive and if you get 2 batteries it makes life a lot easier.

Bosch POWER FOR ALL | Bosch Power Tools for DIY

Bosch do a handy range of tools where you can share the batteries around. The drill and saws are decent. I have one of these...
Bosch PSA 18 Li Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Baretool) - Masseys

Interchangeable blades and saw types, ie rough wood and trees, fine cut and saws for metal and plastic.

The range is pretty extensive and if you get 2 batteries it makes life a lot easier.

90% of my kit is Bosch, I'm a big fan. However, if we're are taking about planters, shelves etc. I wouldn't use a reciprocating saw, you'll never get a decent edge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
irlsgt Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR) 1