Mr Vice

Discussion in 'Officers' started by annony_mouse, Oct 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could someone tell me what exaclty "Mr Vice" does at dinner as I'm new to the officer's mess and it has been hinted at that I will be playing this role..

Thanks.......

2. Speak to the other subbies in your unit as they will tell you what to do. It is customary for the older Officers (senior Capts & Majs) to lead Mr Vice astray but your other subbies will keep you right ;)

3. Look through the Officers' Forum: there are several threads on Mr. Vice duties and wind-ups.

4. Shurely if you've been through the factory you would know the answer to your own question , or have you never attended a Dinner Night, ever?

5. I'm TA PO but my unit's officers are looking after me making me feel welcome by inviting me to dinner, not going reg til 20006/7 and as such not yet been to the factory.

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You'll be the oldest offr in your regt then.

7. Doh.......Ah well, at least I should be better prepared than the others...

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Well if you're a potential officer, you aren't a mess member and you won't (or at least shouldn't) be 'Mr Vice': you're there as a guest. Problem solved.

9. True, unless they just want him to arrange for the "entertainment".

10. "Mr Vice" hangs around the foyer, and takes orders for poppers, marital aids, amphetamines and plump Turkish boys.