Mr Vice

Could someone tell me what exaclty "Mr Vice" does at dinner as I'm new to the officer's mess and it has been hinted at that I will be playing this role..

Thanks.......

Speak to the other subbies in your unit as they will tell you what to do. It is customary for the older Officers (senior Capts & Majs) to lead Mr Vice astray but your other subbies will keep you right ;)

Shurely if you've been through the factory you would know the answer to your own question , or have you never attended a Dinner Night, ever?

I'm TA PO but my unit's officers are looking after me making me feel welcome by inviting me to dinner, not going reg til 20006/7 and as such not yet been to the factory.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
annony_mouse said:
I'm TA PO but my unit's officers are looking after me making me feel welcome by inviting me to dinner, not going reg til 20006/7 and as such not yet been to the factory.
You'll be the oldest offr in your regt then.

cpunk

LE
Well if you're a potential officer, you aren't a mess member and you won't (or at least shouldn't) be 'Mr Vice': you're there as a guest. Problem solved.

cpunk said:
Well if you're a potential officer, you aren't a mess member and you won't (or at least shouldn't) be 'Mr Vice': you're there as a guest. Problem solved.
True, unless they just want him to arrange for the "entertainment".

"Mr Vice" hangs around the foyer, and takes orders for poppers, marital aids, amphetamines and plump Turkish boys.