Mr Gay UK - Support the Royal Navy!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldSnowy, Sep 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

First, I confess to looking at the Sun - or rather bits of it, in the daily Press Cuttings we get.

Today there is the sad story of a RN Lieutenant who is being 'censured' for reaching the final of the 2005 Mr Gay UK competition.

I feel that he deserves our support, and that in the interest of Army - RN relations we all vote for him on the MrGayUK website.

www.mrgayuk.co.uk

Vote several times each.

Then again a few times.

I cannot do this at present, as the evil DII police have, in a fit of prejudice, barred access to this site.....
    But I urge you all to support the RN in this matter :)

Royal Navy proud to say that - 'We Never Leave Our Sailors Behind' (Add apostrophe to suit)

2. J_D

J_D LE

Nice to see some one has a good side. Now why is it all the decent guys are gay or taken?

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Thank you, Anya. I think that this support will help send out a great message on the state of the RN - to the Army.

4. He will get a vote from me!

Yes Anya, its true, they are either married or gay!!

5. Why thank you. (Taken not Gay :wink: )

6. which one is he??

7. I have no doudt what so ever that it will.So come on boys where is our(Army) contestant?
    Any nominations from the forum?

8. Shocking!

If a gay pride march is worthy of support, can't personnel take part in other extra-curricular activities?

Perhaps they are worried that the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire scenario will happen again, but with stuffed Speedos instead of a coughing audience member.

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Interesting to see if it gets a mention on his next Confidential Report!

10. If he was going to mention he was RN (I'm assuming he did), then he really should have sought official permission. A service woman taking part in a beauty contest would be expected to do so. Equality of treatment means exactly that.

As for voting for him, that all depends on whether he's a looker or not (shallow, I know).

11. Slight amendment in the quote there.

I also assume that by taken you mean married? Cos most gays will have been taken too I guess unless they are the giver only.

12. The RN have missed a trick here.
    Instead of giving him a b*ll*cking they should have sponsored him through the event, perhaps even have an RN logo on the back of his Spedos.

13. J_D

J_D LE

I had a friend on my 2nd ship. Good lad, stunning in every aspect! You couldn't tell he was gay at all, honest! I have known him for a long time, that I knew his secret. He was worried what people thought of him. Plus being on ship is not exactly easy, living wise.

He never wanted any one to know his secret. I told him every one thought he was a good lad and no one would think different. When eventually he did "come out" it never bothered our ships company.

It goes to show, if you have decent people, nothing is going to bother them.

14. OK....if that's the case. I know most of you will be surprised and perhaps a little upset that it took me so long to confide in you, but I feel that I cannot keep it a secret anymore. I suspect that one or two have known all along and I thank you for not spreading any malicious rumours. I therefore announce to the world and anyone who will listen that...........

............I AM A LESBIAN AND I AM PROUD!!

15. See............ I bloody knew it, you are female!!