Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been asked about Mr Chad, WW2, can any old Radio Ops out there confirm that the original was drawn from radio/electrical? symbols?
    Seem to have a recollection of this but not being R/O I have drawn what I can recall.

Attached Files:

2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stories/19/a3568719.shtml
  3. You've just made this the shortest thread of the year...... :D
  4. Sorry. :)

We could always talk about something else. Like perhaps the weather.
  5. It was meant to be sunny today but its been cloudy and overcast, with a few rain showers. Still, at least my water but gets re-filled
  6. I could say I'm happy for your butt but I won't.

Sunny and warm here in France but it's going to get colder at the weekend. Summer's not quite here yet.
  7. A bit cloudy and windy here in Morocco, met office says their might be light rain later, ho hum!

I remember Chad being used as a slight piss take on shortages after WW2! eg. Wot no more banana's, etc!
  8. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Well, if there's nothing else to learn about Chad I'll go back to my shed.
  9. :? It is the weekend in England and Wales. Not sure about Scotland due to Salmond wanting to opt out. :D

10. Accessing the Internet using Mobile Broadband from a remote cottage in The Borders . Today is Sunday but tomorrow could be another story ..... and a week is a long tme in politics .

Did the French not introduce a Metric Calendar once ?
  11. Surely if it was metric, wouldn't it have been introduced ten times?
  12. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

I think that was one of the Napoleons. I do remember it was Hilter who was going to go for the metric day.
  13. Bloody Hell!
    What was the question? :?
    It's me age you know....... :cry:
  14. Not really sure the thread has become quite complex ..... but the answer may be ......... 42 .
  15. is that the minimum age you can legally purchase a shed, got my chuff chart going and saved some creosote and felt, so excited,