Mr Brown gets closer to complete State control

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by heard_it_all_before, Sep 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With all the media focused on which bank will crash next. This was squeezed out very quietly on the Inside pages of yesterday broad sheets:

Drivers could have their speed controlled by satellite to stop them from breaking the limit following a Government trial of new technology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/09/15/mnspeed115.xml

And we all know that what's voluntary now, will be law, and taxable, within 5 years time.

2. Or not, given the technological limitations that the Torygraph report tries to brush under the carpet...

Is it me, or is the Torygraph starting to turn into the Daily Mail?

3. Same story was in the Mail last week. Looks like big sister has only just caught up.

4. New news please.

5. Yes I think it is,all very depressing really!

6. Paranoia In the Torygraph, shurely shome mishtake.

7. fecking ridiculous and I would have thought dangerous as well
    but the goverment knows best it really does

8. I'm sure that this ridiculous idea would not apply to an MP's car,or Gubmint vehicles,for that matter!

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

hah give it a week and they will figure that they can put an auto speeding ticket generator in your car and if you speed not only will they slow you down but will issue you with 3 points and £60 and if your really naughty your car will drive itself and you to the nearest fellon rehabilitation centre. Cnuts the lot of them.

10. im sorry but it will never happen, for the same reason that they dont put limmiters on all vehicles, its dangerous!
    I was always led to believe that you must adhere to the speed limit unless avoiding danger?

And yes the toriegraph does seem to be a lot more like the wail of late, who knows, in years to come i might even have to read the scum!

11. They did actually trial this system a couple of yeas ago on a motorcycle.
    They binned it after it was (surprise suprise) found to be very dangerous. It hasn't stopped them continuing to try and develop the system further

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Within our lifetimes there will be ubiquitous SatNav systems built into ALL new cars, with a much higher degree of positioning accuracy than ever before (Galileo).

I firmly believe that they will be comms capable and will not only grass us up for speeding (average speed over distance), but will also be a means of control for the engine, IE: your vehicle will be electronically registered to you, and linked to the DVLA.

No insurance: Engine no start.

No Licence: Engine no start.

No Road Tax: Location of vehicle passed to DVLA, picked up and towed away.

Think the technology is too hard, think again.

13. And the thing wrong with the above is........?

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It's all very nice but this government are going to be out on their arrse within 18 months and never see the corridors of Whitehall for at least a generation.

15. How is a sat nav going to send any infomation to anyone its a reciever.

Unless we are all going to drive around with 4 metre sat dishes on the roof its simply not going to work. Dont start me on the bandwidth limitations or the cost.

Technically illiterate nonsense