Mr Angry

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stevie_r, Aug 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 3 Div Sig Regt. Here's a good idea from a CO incapable of joined up thought.

1. Have a look at what manning 1 div required and decide you need the same, totally ignore the fact that they were war fighting and you are peace enforcing, totally differnet jobs requiring different manning.

2. Tell CVHQ you need so many RS op, TSS etc to bring you up to strength and to do your job, these people then come from the TA and leave their life behind for at least 6 months. Some will try and get out of it, but many will be happy and proud to come and do their bit.

3. Realise you have too much manpower in certain trades, send your regulars home, obviously keep the TA because they have been mobilised for 6 Months.

4. Dont allow the TA near any CIS system because you mistrust them so much, fling them all in the MT!

5. Ensure you encourage an "us and Them" culture. Slag the TA off at every opportunity - that will really keep morale up.

6. Not that you give a toss but most of those volunteers will hand their kit in when they get back- dont worry about that tho because you will have had your pound of flesh by then.

What a total joke, having run the commcen at BL during Op Resolute II i was happy for every TA body i could get. Cant type girls? not a problem i can still employ you here as opposed to binning you off to the MT.

And yes, as a former TARA i do know what im on about

Iron Div? What a joke

2. Sounds like a nob why call up signallers if he want people to do mt?

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

FFR's?

4. and how many TA Commando Engineers have packed it in after being treated like lepers?

Well they won't be missed, I am sure that 3 CDO Bgd can whistle up some more dedicated, Green Lid engineers at a moments notice.

And who needs mobility/counter mobility / field defences etc etc etc.

Yeah, right.

5. msr

msr LE

B B,

There's far too much talk of people handing in kit. Huge numbers of medics were supposed to be handing kit in on their return from Telic 1, yet I am led to believe that the majority signed up to say that they would go again...

How many TA Commando Engineers have packed it in?

msr

6. Apparently 19 Mech Bde Sig Sqn have barred Augmentees (TA) SNCO's from mess functions.
    Surely this friendly 'one army' welcome to new members of the sqn is out of order.

7. Surely this cannot be true?

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Maybe it's one of those rumours like you get on those websites....

Or a L/Sgt not getting treated like he thinks he should be....

Mr H

9. this surprises from the royal sigs. not me i had the pleasure of there company for a while in bosnia. nice. :?

10. :evil: Scalyback b*stards, the lot of 'em :evil:
    There's a certain Scaley RSM who was at BLMF who's going to need a pace stick surgically removing if we ever meet again.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11. LITTLE HARSH

WE AINT ALL

HONEST

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh yes, Signals are the lowest point in the Army! Even the Signals lads here admit it!

13. OIE QMAN

:oops: IT HURTS!! BUT PART OF ME THINKS YOUR RIGHT!

ERH................GOT IT ILL RE-CAP BADGE (AGC - COMBAT WRITER)
    WOULD I BE A LITTLE FURTHER UP ON THE FOOD CHAIN THEN!

THINK NOT!

14. It pains me to admit it, but sometimes we (the Royal Signals we) look after our soldiers very badly.

One of my bosses (now a civi) brought back a soldier from Slovenia so he could play Corps Rugby. As a BCR he sent a married man ( :) no sympathy) who's wife was due. She had the baby a day after he went out (a shame :( ).

When he arrived in theatre the lad was told - your not needed go on a weeks R&R (pretty bad management :evil: ).

---------------------------

On the flip side I served with the REME for 2 years and they treated their soldiers in a very similar manner.