MQ's within cycling distance of Keogh

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by flutedbarrel, Dec 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some advice please, I will be posted to Keogh Bks in April/May next year. Which location would be the best for comuting by bicycle to the Bks. I don't know the area very well but by map recce it would seem North Camp would be the best option.

Thank you in advance for any gen.
  2. ........................If you're a Rupert, There's a nice set of MQ's just next to Rudolf Hess's English Summer home of WW2, Mytchett Place,
    Barnsley & Keogh Close.

If you arn't,....... Ramillies Park/Redvers Buller Road North Camp.
    10 minutes on a pushbike!
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

All Aldershot is no more than 20 mins on a decent bike.
  4. That is, if you have an Olympic Gold in Cycling!
  5. Keogh Close Capts' houses only (type V) although all large detached 3 beds with massive gardens; i've known Lt Cols live there by choice.

Barnsley Close long since sold off as private housing. North Camp mixed housing, about 10mins cycle.
  6. Not really, the pads in South Camp and near the Garrison Medcenter are no more than 10 mins from North Camp, then 10 on to Keogh.
  7. Non Rupert callsign. Thank you for the info guys, appreciated.
  8. I wouldn't worry about it too much you will be moving up to Lichfield the year after, so don't unpack too much
  9. I used to live in Cedar Court, Talavera Park and cycled all over Aldershot including the airfield at Farnborough.

Nice looking quarters now on Talavera Park, unlike the slums that were there in the early 80's.