MQ Cleaning services

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by gun_god, Sep 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it worth paying for these companies, i know it gives a few pads wife's a good side line but a friend has just marched out and all he did was hoover and mop. He had painted every room and wall papered all of the bedrooms (3) and the kitchen, abandoned the garden and abused the cooker. All he got charged was £170, he can claim that off his insurance, (less £50 excess) and took no time at all. If he had used a cleaning service it was between £200 & £300 depending on the niff naff. Why do so many people bother with cleaning companies? Are we being conned

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well, you could always go back to the 1970's. March Out consisted of every member of the family cleaning every bit of furniture/fixture/fitting to within an inch of it's life (and that included the underside of the springs on the childrens single beds). Of course we always ensured that each wall was exactly the same shade of Pastel Blue/Green/Pink as it was as when we marched in.

Oh and red-leading the cellars was apparently a bit of a no-no.

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I started a thread along this line a few years ago. The basic jist of it was that in my personal opinion some estate wardens were on the take with the cleaning companies. i.e We get you the work and you grease our palms. Even now I still believe this.

However, The majority of estate managers I have had have been great. The bad ones are in the minority thank god.