MPs wasting our money - sending crimbo cards.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by EgyptianPTInstructor, Dec 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my first Crimbo card this am.

Its from my MP - Tom Harris (Glagow South)

Presumably he sent me a card because I had emailed him about a few matters during the year.

But hang on a minute, he doesnt pay for the cards, or the postage.

I do, via my taxes.

What a f*cking waste of (my) money.

Here we go again, who's got the keys?
  2. MP's are a waste of f*cking money! In it for themselves.
  3. Why be surprised, they have just spent a few billion bailing out their banker friends...

But just you try to send one to a mate using the Service post and see how quickly the snot-o-gram comes winging back.

4. Living in South Glasgow perhaps he believes you're some sort of Cathcart dwelling NED living on benefits whilst working on the side and jacking up in the close and therefore don't pay taxes or really give a toss... :wink:
  5. I'll have you know that if one lives in Cathcart, one has a man to jack up for you.

As I live in Battlefield, I jack up for myself, but usually in my neigbours close, cos thats where my dealer lives.

(My close has got a polis, a nurse and 2, RPT 2 social workers living in it.

Cant get space on the stairs to jack up cos of them and their mates!!!!
  6. My local MP, the MP for Celia Barlow sent me a card 2 years ago, despite my not being a Labour supporter. Last year, she surpassed herself and sent me 3 cards, all sent on on different days. Do you think she's trying to tell me something - or is it a case of mistaken identity?
  7. Show your gratitude by adding them to some appropriate ( ahem ) websites and mailing lists. It's only fair and nice to return compliments
  8. How do you know didn't pay for the card himsen?
  9. Ha ha ha

Now you are just being rediculous. MPs paying for something!!!
  10. That's nothing, I've opened up classified bags before and found Christmas cards. Now THAT's taking the p*ss.