Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cosmic_cowboy, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just how low will our MPs stoop. It now seems that as many as possible are hopping aboard anything that flies to visit Afghanistan to receive their badge of honour prior to the next election.

I do feel that this does a disservice to our troops stationed there as I can imagine that they will hop off the plane into the nearest mess and back on again to the safety of Parliament.

What a load of W...ers they are
  2. Be fair though for many Labour MPs it will be the last chance for free travel for a considerable time.
  3. Damned if they do, damned if they don't but I am sure PJHQ are keeping a tight control of it.

Sooner the election is called the better because they are then banned from electioneering at Service Establishments - everyone gets a rest.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm pretty sure that there's no more visiting now than there ever was - and PJHQ do keep a VERY close hold on this. There were a couple who went out last year on their own, but that is very rare.