MPs to be exempt from sack for mental illnesses

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BrandySoured, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's going to be official, MPs can be loonies.

Wibble linky

Was I the only person that thought this must have already been in place?
  2. To quote one Captain Blackadder; "I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"
  3. I thought they would have to be certifiable to get into parliament in the first place, and looking at some of the policies they have introduced over the years....well need I say
  4. I think it's a good thing, how many byelections can we afford after all. After seeing the results of the allegedly sane: Blair, Broon, current shower, I don't think the loonies could do any worse!

5. Aren't they still a party? The Monster Raving Loonie Party or something? So what's new?
  6. And who makes the diagnosis ?

The medical profession. Those who give brains electric shocks, treated WW1 shell shock with overdoses of insulin, prescibe statins and were confident they could cure homosexuality. They have also graced mankind with treatments such as play therapy to treat child asthma which they theorized was caused by a psychopathic personality disorder of "Perfectionism" (NHS 1950s).

Since most medicine nowadays is risk based and derived of dubious statistical analysis, always of benefit to the pharmaceutical industry, the principle could be extended to MPs. Risk factor being an MP, risk factor being a member of the mad medical profession. Hence certify all MPs who are doctors because they are in the highest risk of madness category.
  7. Given an MP's (supposedly) great authority and responsibility, shouldn't they meet a higher standard, not lower?
  8. I take it you will refuse all medical treatment from now on then? Best of luck!
  9. When we ran our country, in the days before it was run for us by the unelected rubbish in Eurineland, Peers, Felons and Lunatics were precluded from voting in Parliamentary elections.

As other posters have said, how can we the tax-payers know whether any MP is crazed? Most decisions emanating from the 'sofa' government 1997 - 2010, and some emanating since May 2010 lead me to believe that a considerable number of MPs are station or two past Upton Park - Barking for the non train-spotters.
  10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Oh fer gawd's sake, the EU has never had anything to do, nor was even contemplated at such times as the lower house has numbered amongst its members some of the most batshit crazy loons these fair isles could produce.

The thing I have come to enjoy, in a perverse way, about your posts is they have all the squeeky bombast of a five year old in dungarees following a brass band, farting uncontrollably through a flakey tin trumpet, with all the profundity of a puddle of chicken urine.
  11. Most people at some point will suffer from anxiety and/or depression isn't it reasonable that people with mental health problems are supported. The Mental health act (1983) has a section for detaining mentally ill MP's so they don't give away state secrets.
    A lot of people with minor mental health problems can be fit to work given a reasonable amount of time off and a support package.
  12. Strange though that Electroconvulsive therapy is very effective and many years ago there was no other treatment so it was over-used. A woman in a stupor with puerperal psychosis or someone with endogenous depression do very well with ECT.
    A lot of work was done by trial and error but then we do have some great advances by doing so. I imagine you prefer local anaesthetic when you visit a dentist or the odd dose of penicillin when needed.
  13. I see the medical profession has yet to come up with a cure for your head stuck up your arse!
  14. Utter claptrap. There is plenty of valid research which is disadvantageous to the pharmaceutical industry, they just suppress it, that's all.
  15. I always get the feeling that he has a template for all his replies and just replaces the odd word to fit the subject.