MPs, Lords and Parliamentary privilege

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Legallybald, Jul 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. P_J

P_J Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Looks like Lord Denning was right all those years ago when he said about bribery and graft being accepted as part of life, and stealing is a virtue so long as you're not found out.
  2. P_J

P_J Old-Salt Book Reviewer

He's my Legal Hero. His logic and ramblings got me through many a boring lecture. Pity we don't have many (if any) of his calibre these days!!
  3. I think we do have some good quality judges, some of them among the best in the world. Collins J comes pretty close for me in the 'hero' stakes and has to be one of the most underrated judges in the Divisional Court. He was one of a handfull of judges who, during the reign of His Majesty King Anthony of 'New Labour' was prepared to face them down in many different areas, most famously in destroying in a single 'withering' judgement attempts by the Labour 'Junta' to implement a deliberate policy of allowing vulnerable people to starve on the streets of our cities by denying to them any form of emergency social assistance . He took great delight in making 'mincemeat' of several Labour Home Secretaries. Blunkett hated his guts which makes the man a hero in my eyes!