MPs, Lords and Parliamentary privilege

P_J

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Looks like Lord Denning was right all those years ago when he said about bribery and graft being accepted as part of life, and stealing is a virtue so long as you're not found out.

P_J

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
He's my Legal Hero. His logic and ramblings got me through many a boring lecture. Pity we don't have many (if any) of his calibre these days!!

I think we do have some good quality judges, some of them among the best in the world. Collins J comes pretty close for me in the 'hero' stakes and has to be one of the most underrated judges in the Divisional Court. He was one of a handfull of judges who, during the reign of His Majesty King Anthony of 'New Labour' was prepared to face them down in many different areas, most famously in destroying in a single 'withering' judgement attempts by the Labour 'Junta' to implement a deliberate policy of allowing vulnerable people to starve on the streets of our cities by denying to them any form of emergency social assistance . He took great delight in making 'mincemeat' of several Labour Home Secretaries. Blunkett hated his guts which makes the man a hero in my eyes!