MPS life

The lowest rank you can be on transfer is Cpl. You will not be posted to MCTC though as that is Sgt and above.
Cpls are posted to one of the Sevice Custody Facilities scattered around the country; Edinburgh, Belfast, Catterick, Stafford, Bulford or Colchester (yes, they have one across the road from MCTC).
Have you got any specific questions about the job, transfer process etc?

Im not into the keyboard warrior shit. I had a simple question that needed a simple awnser. A job id like to do on civvie street happens to have a similar army equivalent, which sounded good to me. Its not about beasting or bullying anyone, its a job and i resent your judgment, presuming im involved in bullying in some way. Everyone is different mate, not my fault some ass hole gave you a hard time.

The lowest rank you can be on transfer is Cpl. You will not be posted to MCTC though as that is Sgt and above.
Cpls are posted to one of the Sevice Custody Facilities scattered around the country; Edinburgh, Belfast, Catterick, Stafford, Bulford or Colchester (yes, they have one across the road from MCTC).
Have you got any specific questions about the job, transfer process etc?
Thanks mate. My main question was about rank, as i wont yet be eligable. But now i know, i will still stongly consider transferring when i am. As my current job is a bit low caliber and its full of old people who bore me to death. Ill save my questions for closer to a time when im looking at full screw.

Can it be direct entry now? I'm sure that it used to be internal transfer from another corps/regiment and holding substantive sergeant rank.

Can it be direct entry now? I'm sure that it used to be internal transfer from another corps/regiment and holding substantive sergeant rank.
They take Cpls now mate.

Thanks mate. My main question was about rank, as i wont yet be eligable. But now i know, i will still stongly consider transferring when i am. As my current job is a bit low caliber and its full of old people who bore me to death. Ill save my questions for closer to a time when im looking at full screw.
I think you also need English Functional Level 1, so that'll give you something to work on while you climb the greasy pole to Cpl.

Last edited: