Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MPs give themselves extra £10k a year!

Just when I thought my contempt for these creatures could get no worse, I read this:

MPs vote for £10,000 web funding

Members of Parliament have voted to give themselves £10,000 each a year to spend on things like websites to boost "public understanding" of Parliament.
The new allowance comes on top of the £20,000 office running costs allowance and £7,000 for pre-paid envelopes

Later in the report:
The 2005/06 payments - about £131,000 per MP - come on top of a basic salary of about £60,000 and a pension.
This gives them, before any increase for inflation (And I wonder what % increase they gave themselves?) over £200,000 each.

P.S. For some reason I can only post on this Forum!

OldSnowy said:
Just when I thought my contempt for these creatures could get no worse, I read this:

MPs vote for ?10,000 web funding

Members of Parliament have voted to give themselves ?10,000 each a year to spend on things like websites to boost "public understanding" of Parliament.
The new allowance comes on top of the ?20,000 office running costs allowance and ?7,000 for pre-paid envelopes

Later in the report:
The 2005/06 payments - about ?131,000 per MP - come on top of a basic salary of about ?60,000 and a pension.
This gives them, before any increase for inflation (And I wonder what % increase they gave themselves?) over ?200,000 each.

P.S. For some reason I can only post on this Forum!

M.P. awarding themselves £10,000 each year is not fair as the money can be spent on other things for our soldiers