MPs expenses, the start of justice?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One Labour MP who is standing down a the general election has lost his £65,000 resetlement grant because of his shenanigans-

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Harry-Cohen-MP-Loses-65000-Resettlement-Grant-For-Breach-Of-Expenses-Rules/Article/201001415533546?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15533546_Harry_Cohen_MP_Loses_%3F65%2C000_Resettlement_Grant_For_Breach_Of_Expenses_Rules

Not much, but its a start.
    I would like to know, if there is enough evidence of skulduggery to so this, why isn't he in front of the Judge?

2. My Bold - Because all MPs are above the law! Everyone knows that don't they!!!! :roll:

3. Given that MP's wrote the rules to pretty much allow themselves to steal our money at will, its quite some achievement to manage to breach those rules.
    Personally I won't be happy until we see some of them getting jail time for their theft.

5. Justice is quite simple to administer in these cases (or a form of justice) at least.

Simple - ask your MP three questions:

1) How much did you claim in expenses?
    2) How much have you had to pay back?
    3) Do you feel that you were right in claiming those expenses?

Then ignore party politics completely, and vote for the candidate who has the most chance of unseating the incumbent. We get a mostly brand new house of commons, stuffed with people who know that the reason the last lot were kicked out was because they had no integrity whatsoever.

6. My MP is one of the "Saints" who did not rip the arrse out of it, but, she must be either stupid or dishonist, stupid for not realising all the tossers she was drinking tea with were claiming shed loads of wonger, or dishonist for not blowing the whistle, if she did know all her scum thieving mates were.

There can realy be no inocent MPs

7. Lets tell it like it is, its theft. Nothing more nothing less. Not scandal, not abuse of the system, Theft. The reason why all these politicians have said They'll resign at the next general election is because they retain a FULL retirement package and pension. Fair enough they might lose the resettlement bonus but they keep every thing else. If I blagged a JPA claim, i'd be charged and reduced in rank, if not banged up. Jail the thieving cnuts

8. Lets tell it like it is, its theft. Nothing more nothing less. Not scandal, not abuse of the system, Theft. The reason why all these politicians have said They'll resign at the next general election is because they retain a FULL retirement package and pension. Fair enough they might lose the resettlement bonus but they keep every thing else. If I blagged a JPA claim, i'd be charged and reduced in rank, if not banged up. Jail the thieving cnuts

9. I fully agree Bazz.
    As luck would have it, I live next door to a Polling Station, my current MP's expenses claims will be printed in full and displayed on a very large poster attatched to my garden fence on polling day.
    I shall have spares printed just incase anyone decided to remove it.
    I may even take a day off work to make sure nobody commits criminal damage to my property :lol: Its not much but these small things can help you to feel much better!

10. This f*ckin breaks me how these cnuts carry on, any member of the public caught doing what they did would be doing time for fraud, but these lot get away with it, why arn't the police arresting every single MP who has made fraudulant claims and clearly broke the law?

11. :clap:

Just be careful. If your current MP is Labour, you might find yourself suddenly becoming a suspected terrorist/paedo/racist/eco criminal. If you've got a beard, shave it now.

IIRC, there are five Labour MPs and peers being investigated by the Crown Prosecution Service. It'll be the Special Crime Division so the country's top lawyers are, as we speak, desperately looking for ways to avoid prosecution.

A lawyer mate reckons that at least two of them, who claimed for bogus mortgages, are guilty of fraud and have no defence. Maybe they'll get to share a cell.

12. Well done "jagman", I wish you well! I would advise you have at least one independent witness on hand plus a video camera in case some cnuts start any bother!
    I'm afraid I dont believe the police or the CPS will really do anything to these cnuts of any of the current westminster crew, no matter which party they claim to be! Its the same with the "cash for honours" scandal which was swept under the carpet! Now, more worryingly, the pointless inquiries into the Iraq war and the lies told to justify it!
    They are nearly ALL professional politicians, only interested in keeping their snouts in the trough no matter what!

13. Had a look on the electoral commission site. One of the scenarios described involved a car parked in the polling station car park with electioneering adverts in the window.

This would be illegal because you can't have political adverts within the bounds of the polling station.

However, the same car, with the same adverts parked on the public road would be legal because it's outside the polling station.

So long as your house is outside the boundary of the polling station, you should be OK so long as your poster doesn't feature a photoshopped image of your MP molesting a goat.

Better still, see if you can get a projector and put a two story image on the side of your house, 'Big Dave is Watching You' might be the way to go.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't count your chickens etc Jagman. The report concludes that he should lose is handout. Knowing these shits he will probably still walk away with the wonga.