• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MPs expenses-Police and CPS form committee!!

It seems that MPS cannot decide if the expense scandal is worth investigationg,on their own.Thus a committee is to be formed with CPS,to come to a decision!! Clearly MPS does not want to be dicked again(if possible) by another enquiry involving Honourable Members.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
muhandis89 said:
It seems that MPS cannot decide if the expense scandal is worth investigationg,on their own.Thus a committee is to be formed with CPS,to come to a decision!! Clearly MPS does not want to be dicked again(if possible) by another enquiry involving Honourable Members.
What?!?!?! The MPs, the ones allegedly guilty of fraud of the worst kind, are sitting down with the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether they should face prosecution.

How cool is that. If I robbed a bank, I'd LOVE to sit down with the CPS to decide how we should all proceed!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah the Met police wil investigate MP's
Wasn't the boss of the Met police appointed by Jackie Smith one of the people they want to investigate?

This appears to be a copout by MPS(please excuse the pun).There seems little doubt that CPS(prop Attorney General a politician) will not allow any criminal investigation to go ahead-even on the matter of moats.

No the appointment of the Head on the MPS is appointed jointly by Smith and the Mayor. She was peeved when he announced that Stevenson was the successful candidate as she wished to appoint him personally.

ashie said:
the_boy_syrup said:
Wasn't the boss of the Met police appointed by Jackie Smith one of the people they want to investigate?
No. By Boris.
ASHIE: You are a t*sser. Miss 'More Innocent in Every Respect than Driven Snow' Smith appointed the current Commissioner - with Mr. Johnson's agreement.

PS: This so-called 'Labour', so-called 'government', is now SO utterly corrupted and bereft of any ideas or leadership, that even their 'mouth-pieces, their pathetic 'apologists' - such as 'ashie' - are confused by the difference 'twixt right and wrong.

Your Majesty - by your Grace and Wisdom, dissolve this dishonest disgraceful parliament, and let people, of all persuasions, elect an honest alternative.

To extrapolate a Groucho Marx sentiment;

"Anyone who puts themself forward for political office, should be banned from holding that office on that basis".

Weakly expressed but I think you get the idea.

baggy

BBC (aka Neu-Liarbour propaganda division) defending the expenses thefts. 'Any Questions' man Dimbleby fighting hard for his peerage. Waiting now for him to defend Martin - the indefensible.

Does the BBC understand that it is generally held in the same low opinion as politicians? How can such an organisation be so infiltrated and run by left leaning personnel? There is no balance whatsoever. I HATE paying my licence to fund a gang of quasi-Marxist, sanda-wearing, bearded and doubtless un-washed toss-wits.

BBC did not mention the mega-thief until he resigned this afternoon. All they told about was 'moats' and 'country houses' (yawn-yawn).

I want the expenses declared of those MPs who claimed the smallest amounts. I'll give this site a large donation

(Sorry Dombleby defending Martin again!)

if my MP is not in the lowest claiming one hundred. She is a gem!

(For the record: Miss Justine Greening - MP for Putney)

Now we have the fat and unloved Bliarite Falconer saying how very good the fool Martin is!

The CPS as a rule only run cast iron cases.But when they are high profile they have no real choice so lets hope at least some of them face the music. But don't hold your breath! its all been a mistake they were all very busy and didn't check what they were claiming for :roll: As soon as they realised what they had done,(all in the last couple of weeks) they have paid the money back,so its OK now! No 'mens rae' :evil:

On 'Question Time' last night they claimed their exspenses were instead of wage rises they should of had. So if they had a nice big pay rise they wouldn't have to fiddle the exspenses. I think £69,000 for being untrained politicians is already more than they deserve.

THE ANSWER TO PARLIAMENTRAY CORRUPTION – A LESSON FROM 1653

For a quarter of an hour he sat grimly still, listening to the debate, until the Speaker was about to put the question whether the bill should pass. Cromwell turned to Major-General Harrison, whispered "This is the time I must do it” and, rising in his place, put off his hat and addressed the House. At first, and for a good while, he spoke in commendation of Parliament, praising its labours and its care for the public good. Then he changed his note, and told the members of their injustice, their delays of justice, their venal self-interest, and other faults. As his passion grew, he put his hat on his head, strode up and down the floor of the House and, looking first at one, then at another member, chid them soundly, naming no names, but showing by his gestures whom he meant. These were corrupt, those men scandalous in their lives, that member fraudulent, that an unjust judge:

“Perhaps you think that this is not Parliamentary language; I confess it is not; neither are you to expect any such from me. You are no Parliament, I say you are no Parliament. I will put an end to your sitting. Call them in”.

And at the word General Harrison went out and brought back twenty red-coated musketeers of Cromwell's own regiment from the lobby. Only a show of force was needed. Cromwell pointed to the Speaker in his chair, and said to Harrison, “Fetch him down”. The Speaker refused to leave the chair unless he were forced. “Sir”, said Harrison, “I will lend you my hand”, and putting his hand in the Speaker’s, he helped him to the floor. Sidney, who sat next the chair that day, declined to move. “Put him out”, ordered Cromwell; so Harrison and an officer laid their hands on his shoulders and led him towards the door. Then, looking scornfully at the Great Mace of Parliament resting on the table, Cromwell exclaimed, “What shall we do with this bauble?” and, calling to a soldier, he said “Here, take it away”.

SkiCarver said:
prosecution is not in the public interest"?
Ha, that old chestnut! Tha b@stard Chaytors guilty of fraud. I love the way he's saying it's an 'oversight' and has now offered to pay the money back. I want heads on pikes over this, chances of it happening are fecking zero!

Unfortunately, as we all know from 12 years of this, it is all going nowhere and nobody will grip the rail. Interesting to note that the Old Bill locked up three of its own this week for a lot less than this and even went so far as to lock up other members of their families! Wives perhaps?
What quadruple standards in the funny old world we live in.

the_boy_syrup said:
That's only the tip of the iceberg.

The Home Secretary does indeed appoint the Met Commissioner. More to the point, she can dismiss him. Are we really going to see an impartial investigation by somebody who could be fired by the people he is investigating? Consider the case of the London police officer who was prosecuted for malfeasance because he was caught sh@gging in his office. Met Police refused to even investigate when Labour MP Nigel Griffiths was caught doing exactly the same thing in his office in Parliament.

When Tony was facing the real possibility of a jail sentence over the cash for peerages scandal, he established the 'Special Crime Division' of the CPS. This division has exclusive responsibility for deciding whether to prosecute 'political' and 'electoral' crimes and crimes involving 'prominent people'.

Labour's 'get out of jail free' division at the CPS is headed by the Director of Public Prosecutions. Until recently, the DPP was a barrister who had never conducted a prosecution in his life and who didn't even have a law degree. He did have a conviction for drug dealing from his student days though and he was one of the partners of a certain Mrs Cherie Blair in Matrix Chambers.

No chance of a conflict of interest there then.

Of course, if the state will do nothing, there's always a private prosecution. If you want to launch a private prosecution against anybody for corruption in public office all you need to do is get permission to start. Permission comes from, err, our old mate the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The Taxpayers Alliance have no chance of bringing private prosecutions against MPs.

Its a lot easier to get a conviction in a Civil Court.Perhaps the Tax Payers Alliance can go down that route once they have heard what the CPS decide to do.

Latest Threads