MPs debate the War in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Barely_Black, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It sometimes seems that the House of Commons has been utterly sidelined by the all powerful media.

Armed Forces personnel must wonder what the hell all those MPs get up to most of the time.

Last week, there was a backbenchers debate on Afghanistan. The only coverage in the main media outlets that I found was a short piece by Mathew Parris (ex MP) which sits behind The Times' oh-so-very-succesful 'Pay as you Read' web site .

Seems a shame, because there are now a few MPs in the House who have deployed on Ops and have a reasonable grasp of reality (for some versions of)

This bit is from Colonel Bob Stewart MP late CHESHIRES:

To read more, follow the LINKY:

---- ---------------- ---------------------- ------------
    -------------

So....where was YOUR MP then ?

Bare
    --

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmmmm.....need to scroll down a bit to find the Afghan bit...past all the crud about Standards Committe..

I suspect my MP was nowhere near the Chamber......MUCH more important discussions of a Ugandan nature occupying its tiny mind....

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

" The Charity Combat Stress" Says it all, the fact that the care of our wounded,and mentally scarred people is in the hands of charity is a national disgrace, lets get it straight,most members of Parliament and the government, and it don't matter which one ,don't give a f@ck about the forces serving or disabled ex-serving

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

When you've taken part in the London 10K for Combat Stress three years running and run two marathons for them, I may be prepared to listen to what you have to say.

Having just spent the day walking around talking to our wounded, whilst they are being cared for by military AND civilian personnel I can assure you that they are NOT in the hands of a charity....and you have no idea what you're talking about. Combat Stress deals exclusively with ex Serving.