MPs claim for Poppies on expenses!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Legion_magazine, May 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been done:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=122735.html

And a possible amendment of the title? MPs claim for Wreaths on Expenses (rather than poppies, which are personal). I'm fairly sure very few people who lay wreathes in their official capacity pay for them personally. Many things to condemn the man for, he's got previous for fiddling expences - oh no, making a mistake - but in this instance the papers are taking a very emotive topic and running with it.

Just my tuppence worth, and I'll await incoming.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Whilst I understand that you are from the Legion Magazine, do you truly represent the RBL and their views?

Your claim, and subject heading are both sensationalist. As has been pointed out both above and on your website, almost all wreaths are laid on behalf of an organisation and as such the person presenting the wreath is justifiably entitled to claim back those expenses.

I think that you are jumping on a bandwagon to engender publicity, and that really does not sit well with me considering who you purport to represent; i.e. us and the legion itself.

I am afraid that you have displayed all the traits of shoddy journalism in this article and I am saddened to see the RBL associated with this.

Regards

3. What Gremlin said!

Shiny.