MPs blubbing about expenses system.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Jun 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The head of the IPSa has resigned, and was none-too-pleased at the threats and abuse he was getting from cry-baby MPs who'd had their free-ride cut off.

Linky on the Times

Well, we all know why the IPSA was formed, but the matter hasn't, it seems, sunk into the thick skulls of the cretins we elect.

Paul Farrelly being a case in point.

I felt moved to write him a missive, in the manner of 'Mr Disgusted of Royal Tunbridge Wells'.

For your delectation:

2. Biped for King :D

3. Basically "Tough, deal with it" the rest of the country has to contend with future hardships then who are they to be exempt?

They'll be considering themselves as flippin Royality next, their career choice don't like it change, simple's

4. Nice one Biped, I am sure that is not the only letter he received in similar vein. They are now subject to a very mild dose of the statutory systems they and their predecessors have put into place when members of the public come into contact with public bodies such as the Child Support Agency, the DSS, the Inland Revenue and others to which entitlement is not dependent upon the validity of the claim, but rather, the production of the required paperwork confirming the legitimacy of the claim with the presumption that the claimant is both a congenital idiot and practised liar!

I doubt if a single member of the public has the slightest sympathy for them.

Personally, I think the office needs to be located outside of Parliament in a public High Street. Any expression of rightous indignation can then be classified by the staff as 'agressive behaviour' and the Police called, as often happens. This allows the office staff the luxury of losing paperwork, taking days off, basic rudeness and discourtesy and subjecting claimants to long hours of waiting while the staff gossip and drink coffee to send the claimant away again because he has filled in the forms incorrectly!

5. So they are complaining about an "overly bureaucratic and poorly managed scheme".

Well, wecome to the real f*cking world you spastics.

That's exactly what it's like when any of us normal proles have to deal with the government in any way.

6. Sod them. Let them claim for everything and make it taxable at a rate of

99.99999999999999999999999......................%

7. Perhaps they should be made to put their claims through JPA?

That would save a pretty penny! :D

Q

8. I wouldn't pay the buggers in washers, bunch of money grubbing no-marks the lot of 'em.

9. Beaurocratic and over complicated system?

They should try working in the rest of the public sector. Need a fecking PhD in computer science and half a tree of paperwork just to claim for a night in a travelodge on business in the "self-administration" systems where I am. Far from saving overheads, I'd say it takes up 10% of regular staff time, which the public are paying for.

10. I suspect he's fibbing on a Elliot Morley scale or it shows a lack of character of the MP in question, who is at 'the edge of a nervous breakdown' due to having to claim on expenses for being in office for a total of 34 days.

I bet their constituents would love to hear about this Honourable and selfless public servant?

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Now, without charging consulting fees, can anyone see a way whereby our un-named heroine, who gets paid c£56k per annum, could possibly arrange for one to be fitted and the installer remunerated?

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I didn't get to add the final bit: (fookin ARRSE site thingy or something).

13. Report the theft from her office of her Parliamentary Staff list containing the names, addresses and home & office telephone numbers of each MP , then follow up with a letter of apology to the Party Leader.

Free Alarm installed at the speed of light!

14. I don't understand why anyone one with any brains would want to become an MP in the first place.

It can't be the money, because the average London professional wouldn't get out of bed for the salary, plus you now have to constantly keep putting your hand in your pocket for work stuff because if you make a mistake on an expense form you'll be dry bummed in public by journalists who are on five times what you earn.

The people you are working so hard to represent hate you on principle and wouldn't know how to express gratitude to a public servant even if it crossed their mind to do so.

So it is hardly surprising the talented stay well clear of Parliament and leave it to the wierd, the power mad and the personality disordered.

We have the leaders we deserve.

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, that's where you haven't thought this one through.

Don't, whatever you do, confuse 'Public Servant' with 'London Professional'.

The second you do, you start paying these wasters £500,000 per annum with gold plated pensions, and they aren't even qualified in the professions, most of them.

£65,000 is about £30,000 more per annum than the average wage in this country. The average wage in the town where I live is more like £14,000.

Spouting nonsense about 'London Professionals' and equivalent salaries is only going to get MPs hated even more.

Just a thought.