Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MPGS

As a never served civvy, would it not make sense to get yourself to some form of military fitness as to the first part of your question? I'd love to go into space so I's assume training to astronaut standards might be required?

Read what I’ve put pal

A8E64ADB-1830-46B4-A2EB-B0D6C604B4A1.jpeg

So after leaving the army a year and a bit ago I rang the recruitment line to ask about joining mpgs the guy on the phone said there’s no more fitness tests for them and depending on your last 3 sjars you could go in at the pay scale you left! Is this all true or was he talking out of his rear end ??

I believe he is absolutely correct, did he mention the bounty for joining if you're over 40?

I'm not allowed to answer the phone or talk to my wife's friends

So after leaving the army a year and a bit ago I rang the recruitment line to ask about joining mpgs the guy on the phone said there’s no more fitness tests for them and depending on your last 3 sjars you could go in at the pay scale you left! Is this all true or was he talking out of his rear end ??
Fightthepower already gave you the answers, but to expand......you will start as a Private again, no matter what rank you were before, however I think I'm correct when I say that they will want to see your last SJARs, they're getting picky now.
As it stands at the moment you will do 2 x PFAs a year unless you exempt for medical reasons. As the PFA system is changing we are still waiting to find out how this will affect the MPGS and what our new fitness testing will be, but we do MATTs just like the rest of the Army and will continue to do so.

So yes, your man was talking out of his rear end.