Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by TheLazyPTI, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question.

Does anybody know if you are able to join the Special Constabulary whilst serving with the MPGS? If not, does anybody know the reasoning behind it?

I would have thought that somebody with 3 days off a week, who is in a steady job in a steady location and who is non-deployable would have been a good choice.

Many thanks,
  2. No, due to the fact there could be conflict of interest even though there may not be in reality. Check your local police force website for specials you usually find a list of excluded occupations. Your not alone though door staff, traffic wardens PCSO's to name a few.
  3. Depends on your force, but I know one of the specials in my hub is also MPGS. I think you're allowed as technically you are a civil servant, or something like that.
  4. No, you cannot join the Specials. Leigh1526's answer is accurate.
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fear not! You can, however, join the Tufty Club, a vital and worthwhile organisation that is under threat. Join and help swell our numbers in the face of government mismanagement, Conservative ignorance, Labour corruption and LibDem.......well, apathy, I suppose.

Details here.Tufty the road safety RoSPA squirrel