MPGS unarmed?

An elaborate plan to lure the taleban in, by the medium of c0cks plastering it over the t'interweb for all to see.

The MPGS clearly dont need guns when they can use their considerable intelligence. A pick handle worked for me when I was a boy soldier!

starkie2005blue said:
Somebody along the line is going to notice if the guy on the gate is armed or not, internet forum searching or not. Just wondering why?
Why dont you just go up to one of the main gates and fucking ask?

Bloody hell Flash, it isn't like he's just given away state secrets or valuable intelligence on base security is it? Don't you think you are being a bit harsh? Besides, unarmed or not, the MGS will be armed and will surely slot anyone who tries to do over one of the MPGS guards, won't they? Or am I getting the two mixed up again? Which one is staffed by old crusties who wear blue and which one pretends to be soldiers?

Edited for mong as usual!

MGS - Civvies in Blue

MPGS - Old wrinklies who do not want to give up the Green Stuff!!

So if MPGS are not armed, then it will be back to units to staff the gate again!! Stag On!!

Most Bks have a guard member on the gate along with the MPGS, and 99% of the time that guard member will indeed be packing heat.

whosthedaddy said:
which one pretends to be soldiers?
This pretend soldier gets 26K a year for working 5 months, leaving him 7 months to go surfing, and not even realising theres a recession on. So who's the mug? :roll:

As for being unarmed....not at this callsigns unit.

MPGS - Old wrinklies who do not want to give up the Green Stuff!!
I'm 39, can pass my PFT just fine and would happily give up the green stuff, but why? To go back to working on construction sites for ridiculous hours in jobs that arent guaranteed? and paying full whack for a sh1tty little flat when I can have a nice quarter in Cornwall where the average 1 bedroom flat costs over £500 a month to rent? Nah! I'll stick to money for old rope thanks.

starkie2005blue said:
Somebody along the line is going to notice if the guy on the gate is armed or not, internet forum searching or not. Just wondering why?
See LFGR for details-coming to a Main Gate near you soon!

Don't you think declaring where guards might and might not armed on an open forum is a particularly idiotic act in the light of recent months' events?

Bunch of cunts.

Tom_of_Bedlam said:
Don't you think declaring where guards might and might not armed on an open forum is a particularly idiotic act in the light of recent months' events?

Bunch of cunts.

Agreed, some re-education & common sense needs to be highlighted & adressed in the light of recent & past events :roll:

Once the LFGR is filterd down through their respective units will personnel know the facts on the situation :wink:

Agree with buggrit: In todays recession where people are stress'd out struggling to find & keep hold of jobs & their homes, their's not many jobs out their which are classed as near recession proof, ie: teaching, medical & services.

it's not always greener the other side of the fence :?:

Buggrit, I never implied that you were a mug, besides I wouldn't get out of bed for 26 k a year

Fair enough but as I said, I work 5 months a year and have 7 months to do the things I want to do. Its a great feeling to be catching a wave on a beautiful sunny day and knowing Im getting paid to do it :wink: but dont get me wrong, if I could find a job that paid me as much or more, and gave me cut price housing then my green kit would be gone like a shot.

It's been well noticed that a certain % of civvies & service are all to eager to have a dig/slag off the MPGS if you search on other forums (armynet) for example,

I recently worked a very well known sporting event in London back in May (2nd time done it) & was working alongside a youngish CSM who's attitude towards the unit was embarrasingly shocking, i won't mention his Bn, but the feedback i hear from serving & ex squaddies about the MPGS has been mixed, all units have their good & bad eggs in them but a secure job complete with a pensionable career is better than slogging your guts out in civvie street or sponging off the state

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
themaadone AGC, RAPTC and SASC 4
T Juniors 79
G Int Corps 41