MPGS SDSR 2020

Just read in the Soldier Magazine (Page 48) that MPGS lose 6 days leave when they want 4 days off (When those 4 days are their days on)
RAF Waddington said you were not allowed to go abroad on holiday as you may be called back.

Just read in the Soldier Magazine (Page 48) that MPGS lose 6 days leave when they want 4 days off (When those 4 days are their days on)
That happened a while back. It used to be 4 on 4 off, but then a certain RAFP WO got wind of it and decided the MPGS got too much time off, and complained about it to the MPGS SO2 who at the time was a RAF Flt Lt. All the whining was kicked up the line and the rest is history.

That happened a while back. It used to be 4 on 4 off, but then a certain RAFP WO got wind of it and decided the MPGS got too much time off, and complained about it to the MPGS SO2 who at the time was a RAF Flt Lt. All the whining was kicked up the line and the rest is history.
Good thing the Army has tons of morale otherwise that could be viewed as quite damaging.

TBH if you want to stag on for a career i'd look at CNP or MDP, i would put money on you getting Fas/Coulport if you wanted it

Where at? My mate is a Waddington

Hello, I’m currently serving in the RN and want to transfer to MPGS. How safe is MPGS for job security? Could it be disbanded after
SDSR 2020 or will they be safe? I’m looking at Bramcote Barracks as I’m from Coventry. Is that one of the better bases or best to
be avoided? Any general info about MPGS will be appreciated too. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice
Brief insight, update pros & cons vary depending where you are.

Direct transfer can be done.

Job security, now serve up to 60 (by mutually agreed contract)

SDSR20 too premature to say what the knock on affects are to the MPGS however the units been threatened for closure for years & the Corp still has fill support of joint chiefs.

Recruiting is still on, IIRC nationwide numbers bordering 3,000

Do comprehensive research of service host, unit, routine & speak to bods and highly recommend a visit to speak to coal face.

Promotion is dire, smaller Dets are being established whilst others are closing & bods being relocated (limited options by APC)

CNC, MDP MGS are all other options.

HTH.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads