MPGS/Ren leave

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by skintboymike, Apr 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A mate of mine's done about 10 years in the army, and has just transferred over to MPGS a few months ago. Is he entitled to Renleave?

He's having trouble getting straight answers out of his CofC, probably due to the fact that, if he IS entitled to it, they'll be another man down for a few extra weeks a year.

2. Interesting.Been MPGS for four years and haven't heard of anyone being entitled to ren leave.Thats not to say that they aren't.Would be curious to see how this plays out as I'm sure theres more than one or two in my Company that would be interested in the result.

3. Or is this you with the problem? Come on speak up boy!

4. RENLEAVE now theres a con. Why not just pay the man the equivalent of his leave in pay and allow him the chance to keep on working. It is a poor system often abused and indivs suffer as they do not wish to appear as slackers, are are a key point in their career and need to conitinue to impress. How many times have I heard "I won't take it all" or similiar words. Money would be much mopre welcome, and far more equitable.

5. I can state with certainty that Mike is not MPGS.

He is the Emperor Mongs lackey and occasional fall guy.

He also has to deal with his betrothed, who is like Darth Vader with Breasts. His offspring appear to have been sired by Winston Churchill, and then there is mikes Vestigial Nipples and the extra arm. Growing out of his forehead.

He has his problems does our Mike, but being MPGS is not one of them. :D

6. :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. Sounds like the Guard Commander at HQ Land Command

8. Although it isn't. The fella I'm trying to help out doesn't have internet, that's why I'm doing it for him.

I've asked him again tonight, turns out he's got 11 1/2 years regular service (didn't know yesterday so I guessed), unable to give him an answer as yet though as everyone's a f*cking comedian. :wink:

If anyone has an inkling, pm me.

PS. An inkling is not a baby squid.

9. One other thought Mike - have you popped this in the RHQ forum? They have a few people in there who are hot on this sort of stuff - Paywog et al.

Hope this helps.

The Comedian. 8O

10. I'll do just that.

11. Here is your answer from JSP 760 direct from the ArmyNet - Happy reading to you all :lol: :lol:

ANNEX B
    ARMY
    ENTITLEMENT

7B.001 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may be granted to eligible
    soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on Notice or Open
    Engagements who have committed themselves to 12 years’ continuous service having completed 11 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.002 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may also be granted to
    eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on the Notice or Open Engagements who have committed themselves to 18 years’ continuous service having completed 17 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.003 Not more than one period of Re-engagement Leave is admissible to
    soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.001 above and not more than one period to soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.002 above.

7B.004 Eligibility for reserved rights to Re-engagement Leave ceases when
    soldiers change their engagement.

7B.005 A soldier who has spent a period in the Regular Reserve during the
    currency of his engagement will not be eligible for Re-engagement Leave. A soldier, however, who rejoins from the Reserve and subsequently completes the required period of continuous service, required by paras 7B.001 and 7B.002 above, will be eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

MANAGEMENT OF RE-ENGAGEMENT LEAVE

7B.006 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken at the earliest convenient
    opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form of leave (except Terminal Leave) for which the individual is eligible.

a. Soldiers granted Re-engagement Leave in addition to other leave
    are to remain on the strength of their unit during the whole period of
    absence on leave. They will not be replaced.

b. No additional free travel is admissible.

c. It may not be taken after a soldier has signified his intention to
    leave the Service.

d. Re-engagement Leave may be added to Terminal Leave but only
    in exceptional circumstances. When such a requirement arises, a
    formal case explaining the reason for delay beyond 3 years or addition
    to Terminal Leave should be submitted to higher authority, normally
    the brigade or garrison commander, for authorisation.

e. Re-engagement Leave will be granted only on the authority of the
    CO. COs are encouraged to grant this leave to those eligible to receive it.

7B.007 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken within the first 3 years after the soldier has qualified for it, and may be taken in individual periods of not less than 5 working days. Exceptional reasons for further deferment should be referred to the MCM Div at the SPC.

7B.008 Soldiers who qualify for such leave during overseas service (including international posts but excluding other posts in NWE) may have the period during which it may be taken extended, if applicable, to up to 2 years from the date of reversion to home establishment or return to national duty. Exceptional reasons for further deferment should be referred as laid down in para 7.B007 above.

7B.009 The grant of Re-engagement Leave is not a benefit in consideration of which a soldier serving on a Notice or Open engagement may waive his right to leave the Service.

RE-ENGAGEMENT LEAVE IS NOT A PRESCRIBED BENEFIT

7B.010 The grant of Re-engagement Leave is not a benefit in consideration of which a soldier serving on either a Notice or Open engagement may waive his right to leave the Service.