MPGS contracted hours

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place. Has anybody got a copy of an up to date contract for working hours or some knowledge on the subject of how many hours we should be doing in the MPGS. I only ask because at the moment some of us are working 10 or 11 days straight with only 1 or 2 days off due to being severely undermanned. Clearly 3/4 days off is the main incentive for joining the MPGS, don't need any man up pill answers.
Thanks

Clearly you don’t have a copy of your own contract or you wouldn’t be asking on here. Contracts are individual, so what you get off here may not be accurate. Speak to your administrator to get a copy of your contract.

You might also want to check the working time directive to see what your rights are, but you should also check if employment by the armed forces fall within its scope.

Clearly you don’t have a copy of your own contract or you wouldn’t be asking on here. Contracts are individual, so what you get off here may not be accurate. Speak to your administrator to get a copy of your contract.

You might also want to check the working time directive to see what your rights are, but you should also check if employment by the armed forces fall within its scope.
Nope I haven't, take it one of the admin clerks should be able to get me a copy then?

It's something I've only stumbled across today where a few people have mentioned it's in our contract we work 4 days (48 hours) plus a training/standby day every 4 off but will obviously have to follow up on it first.

Working time regulations 1998 state what you should do. Max 48 hours a week unless you’ve agreed to work more.

It's also stated that you may be required to do extra 'operational requirements' and the military is exempt from the working hours detective
Aye I get that but we are shift workers, from the information that I've gathered it's 4 on 3 off (either a training day or standby). Problem is it's an issue on too many sites and 4 on 4 off being the main incentive for joining the MPGS, they'll just start losing bods which only makes it worse I have found the information that I need anyway so thanks!

Pretty much agree with you, there's also the issue of sites having different OP's from each other. Some sites are pretty generous with their break times whilst others don't even receive a tea break . The lack of promotion is also a cause for guys jumping ship.
Sometimes we have more people on standby and additional duties than we do on actual shift it's half sorted itself out now but my platoon alone has 48 additionals to cover for July alone. It'll bite them in the arse eventually, only takes one or two guys like it has done here for things to change too many yes men

Working time regulations 1998 state what you should do. Max 48 hours a week unless you’ve agreed to work more.
That's not quite the full picture. Certain occupations are exempted by a very vague 'exigencies of duty' clause. The police are one such and I wouldn't be surprised if MPGS was another.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
themaadone AGC, RAPTC and SASC 4
T Juniors 79
G Int Corps 41