MPGS, any thoughts,

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by handyman, Jul 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, after just over 1 year out the forces im a couple of weeks away from joining MPGS and being posted to Leconfield, now ive read past comments both good and bad about MPGS but thought id post about the current situation, so i thought id open a topic where any MPGS Soldiers who are currently in could give any advice or comments about the current set up, many thanks
  2. STAG ON!!
  3. Thanks for your comment, you give such useful information (not) :(
  4. why mpgs????
  5. What are the MPGS? :?
  6. Mini Pinochet Gate Stagger-on-ers :)
  7. Thank you :D
  8. mpgs is ok mate been in 2 n half years so far like most things its what you make of it ..
    its not the job just the people in it
  9. Thanks for all advice, anyway finally got my course date, so should be back on the gate for christmas, lovely eh! Just nice to get back in the forces and have a clear career path, although the year on civvy street was an eye opener theres nowt like being in the forces.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I could never understand why anyone would want to join the MPGS. The thing I hated most in the Army was stagging on. Why leave the Army, sign up for Army rules but few benefits and stag on for the rest of your life. Have you no ambitions beyond standing on the gate? What were you doing for the last year that makes this look so attractive?
  11. The TA?
  12. MPGS has ALL the benefits of being a reg does it not?

Not to mention masses of time off, my next door neighbour did 2 days, 2 nights 2 off, 2 std by, (aka off).

He had massses of leave at the end of the year!

Good pay, supplemented by pension, and all that good stuff.

He did 1 h our on gate per day/night on duty. And spent the rest of the time driving around in a Jap 4x4. Did a couple of foot patrols, and it was the MoD Guard Service who carried out the gate duty.

I´d give it a whirl, if I had to stay in one place or if I was having dramas settleing in an area .

My mte liked it, because it gave him all the benefits of regualr service, iwith out hte relationship crushing onslaught of tours (he had lost one marriage and a few girls to this). Now settled mit new wife and kinder.
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My understanding is it doesn't. But its still a civi job with non of the civi benefits. If your going to come under the Army then surely the Army proper is the way ahead. Just my opinion.