What did you think of the MPC(A)?

• It was good & I enjoyed it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was necessary so I did it.

• It was ARRSE!!!!

• Total voters
Back in August I completed my MPC(A) course. I found the standard of instruction to be excellent, but was a little concerned about the facilities available.

I don't want 5 star accomodation or any of that but the "classroom" was beyond a joke (a dimly lit gym), the funding for the course appears to be done on a shoestring, and with the current backlogue of people needing the qualification it just seems ludicrous that the course is run on such a tight budget.

As I said the instructors were great and you have to feel for them as much as the guys attending future courses.

Also is there any truth that MTW(G) will be running these courses soon in order to reduce the backlogue?

I've include a poll to gauge your opinions of your the course.

Are we discussing the new MPC(A) or the old one I did mine before they changed it?

One of our lads finished his last week. Ill ask him to comment if he wants to.

blackninja980 said:
Back in August I completed my MPC(A) course. I found the standard of instruction to be excellent, but was a little concerned about the facilities available.

I don't want 5 star accomodation or any of that but the "classroom" was beyond a joke (a dimly lit gym), the funding for the course appears to be done on a shoestring, and with the current backlogue of people needing the qualification it just seems ludicrous that the course is run on such a tight budget.

As I said the instructors were great and you have to feel for them as much as the guys attending future courses.

Also is there any truth that MTW(G) will be running these courses soon in order to reduce the backlogue?

MTW(G) will be running courses in 2008.

For a Regimental course I enjoyed it but as has been pointed out the whole thing is run on a tight budget and the facilites are extremely poor. This is an embarassment to the Corps.

All the money seems to be thrown at the recruits with no regard given for funding for important career courses later in peoples careers.

blackninja980 said:

Accom at St.Omer is crap, but they ARE trying to improve it. There is a change in directin of both MPC & MPC(A), they are having a struggle with the backlog and units are being directed by DRLC to run MPC within units amd MTW(G) are going to be running MPC (A) cses.
Problem is that the units will run on a even tighter budget and are already whinging about having to hold 3 a year, so the standards will just keep dropping unless the units stand up and pick the best instructors througout the units and not just those that the OCs want to get a tick in the box to get promoted.

strima said:
For a Regimental course I enjoyed it but as has been pointed out the whole thing is run on a tight budget and the facilites are extremely poor. This is an embarassment to the Corps.

All the money seems to be thrown at the recruits with no regard given for funding for important career courses later in peoples careers.
I did mine when the course first moved over to Aldershot, and i actually enjoyed it. The last week was cake, as it seemed to be wasting time till the end, but everything else was good.
Agree with the funding of recruits compared to later-on courses though.

resources are tighter than a tight thing...

85 Sqn is moving to deepcut, don't know exact date, but i'm sure resources will improve then...

this was a hobby-horse of the previous Corps adjt, so i'm sure the director is aware...

goon_bde said:
resources are tighter than a tight thing...

85 Sqn is moving to deepcut, don't know exact date, but i'm sure resources will improve then...

this was a hobby-horse of the previous Corps adjt, so i'm sure the director is aware...
But are they not selling Deepcut???

No plans to sell Deepcut

Even if DTR ph2 goes live, it won't be until at least 2012, then if DCLPA is relocated to St Athen the crown will most likely retain ownership of Deepcut, would be ideal for units returning from germany etc...

The driver for this is relocating units from St Omer in order to do more building there, super garrison etc

Did it in Oct, the best bit was when 3 mattress came out to the harbour area, and 30 BIFF chits came out on the BFT.

I can honestly say phase ONE recruits know more about tactics and how to do the most simple stuff than most of the cse did.

O and i loved the way (you know who) insisted on wearing TROPICS, just made him look like a nig trying to look like a bigger nig

B

Bottleosmoke

RLC_DVR said:
Did it in Oct, the best bit was when 3 mattress came out to the harbour area, and 30 BIFF chits came out on the BFT.

I can honestly say phase ONE recruits know more about tactics and how to do the most simple stuff than most of the cse did.

O and i loved the way (you know who) insisted on wearing TROPICS, just made him look like a nig trying to look like a bigger nig
Nigs and warm beer........

RLC_DVR said:

Did you also get the encouragment from all the biffs at the top of the hill after you have done the same attack about ten times???

I've heard that there is such a backlog of personnel who need to get qualified that no one fails and it is just an attendence course. (and thats from two lads who finished it last friday).

I did mine a number of years ago......so can't comment on the new one.

I do recall it wasn't as hard as the RPC2 and the DS seemed bitter and resentful.

General Melchett said:

I do recall it wasn't as hard as the RPC2 and the DS seemed bitter and resentful.
Wouldn't be around 1999 ish would it?

B

Bottleosmoke

BaggyInBlack said:
General Melchett said:

Did mine in 99 and the DS, apart from a couple, were the same.

A particular full screw comes to mind. He had the phrase " Dont stand behind me; I am liable to lash out.............."

Little fat throbber!

Must admit the Training Staff on mine were quite good, especially the Cpl in charge of our section, (if i remember rightly a good Rugby player!).

Everything was going fine on the final ex until an AT found a live round in his magazine.........filled with blanks!!!! :oops:
"everyone on the track...UNLOAD!" 8O

Bottleosmoke said:
BaggyInBlack said:
General Melchett said:

Did mine in 99 and the DS, apart from a couple, were the same.

A particular full screw comes to mind. He had the phrase " Dont stand behind me; I am liable to lash out.............."

Little fat throbber!
I know exactly who yer on about and yer discription is so accurately close lol

Ah section attacks, just what RLC SNCOs need to be assessed on. Anything more useful on this new cse? Service / CR writing? New doctrinal developments? Orders and estimate in a context not involving attacking section strength enemy in the Frimley TAOR?

I remember talking to SNCOs about locker inspection levels of bullsh!t vs half the cse not talking part due to biff chits. Never having been anywhere near the course I am unsure how the lack of a budget shows through, but in my personal experience the most important lessons that you can teach RLC SNCOs can be done in a classroom with little more than a whiteboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kampfgruppe Tiger Health and Fitness 4
foxhound_one_zero Army Reserve 12
A Travel 3