MP3 scooters - any good?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Troy, Nov 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been thinking of getting one of these little 3 wheel scooters, with the two front wheels. I saw one being used by Mr Plod at the Lord Mayor's parade but didn't get the chance to talk to him about it.

Does anyone have any useful experience of these? Are they any good?

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

They look pretty gay in my opinion.

3. Amost as gay as the BMW bike with a roof????

4. Ravers

Not quite that gay but getting close.

In all seriousness, what is the point of the MP3 scooters? Are they easier to ride? Cheaper to buy/run/insure? Can you ride one on a car licence? They just look a bit awkward and gimmicky to me. What can you do on an MP3 that you can't do on a scooter for a lot cheaper?

5. Better off with a Lambretta GP200 mate...

CW
    Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

6. X59

X59 On ROPs

You can look a complete ****.

Thats what you can do on an MP3.

7. Ravers

Go for a small (under 450cc) supermoto, If god had to get around London in rush hour he would do it on a supermoto. You can take short cuts through the park, over curbs and jump speed bumps with no trouble at all.

8. MP3 is probably cheaper!

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I've got he bmw with the roof (C1) and I wouldnt go back to a so called big bike untill they teach people to drive better, mp3 is a great bike, good to ride and comfortable. easy to drop if you forget to put feet down though and it is possible to go down too far and slide but not much different to a bigger machine. the 125 is underpowered unless you just want it for london. I nearly bought one last month but the lack of extras or the ability to adapt it put me off. it need s a bit of care as its italian so salty roads and rain will wreck it. lots of spray grease/wax on that techy front end.

and if you see a c1 with a bloke in it not wearing a helmet just shorts and tshirt, listening to very loud music and either drinking a brew or eating a cornetto then it just might be me as I grew out of power ranger costumes 20 years ago!

10. MP3 is for people who are scared that a 2 wheeler will suddenly just fall over. If you are that scared, get a small car. And yes they do look a little bit gay. But not just ordinary gay, retardo-gay.

11. Ravers

Is this you?

BBC NEWS | England | Motorcyclist 'does not need helmet'

12. You're probably right!...

CW
    Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

13. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Well the MP3 is well liked in scootering circles, Sticky or Andy done an article on it in scootering a wee while back very good by all accounts and I wouldnt mind a play on it turning corners is supposed to be verty good fun I'd have one aprt from the price tag.

14. Never seen Goldie ride anything else since he got his about 3 years ago.

15. Gay? Liberace gay, is what they are.