MP3 Player Synch Problem?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Horridlittleman, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a 4GB cheap and cheerful MP3 player. However when I synch it through Windows Media Player it only lets me put about 0.5GBon before it stops and won't let me add any more files. Properties shows 578MB used, with 3.42GB free space left. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

2. Cow

Cow LE

What make and model is it?

3. Instead of synching thru Media Player, try using Windows Explorer (which should show it as a Removable Drive) and just drag, drop and delete as necessary.

This is not possible with iPods, which have to be synched via iTunes, but has worked with every other mp3 player I've ever come across.

4. Its an ebay special direct from Hong kong (no make or model) except that its actually a 4GB MP4 player, rather than a straightforward MP3 player.

5. Thats my next approach, I'm just a bit miffed having created a playlist that won't work. Cheers anyway.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In all probability, its only got half a Gig of memory, not 4GB. Lots of dodgy "ebay special" memory cards do the same - they say they have X amount of storage, even when you plug them in - but there is only Y amount of storage space actually available.

If you ask me, you've been done! Buy a decent one next time, cheapskate!

7. Cheers Fugly, I have just tried the cut/copy and paste but no joy. It certainly does look like I've been shafted. But then again for what I paid I'm not overly bothered with a (slightly over) 512Mb player. Yes I am a cheapskate but at the moment I didn't want to pay for a decent MP3 player yet as I'll only break it or lose it or fill it with sand! :oops:

8. you might need to format it as FAT32. earlier filesystems had a limitation on how many files they could hold.

in windoze explorer right click the mp3 player/tools/format. in the filesystem tab select FAT32

9. Cow

Cow LE

Take a copy of any files on there that may be needed to run the thing first! Just in case..

10. Mines the same, cheap and cheerful.

I just use it for running, bang a load of Rocky-esque on it, no need for playlist! But yeah, I have the same drama of not being able to control what order the tracks go on in, and dragging and dropping seems to randomise them!

11. Buy an iPod.

iTunes is a system hog, though. Great service but not as comprehensive on it's shop as i would like it to be.

I have the cheapy £50 one which is like a clip, so i can go running with it without looking like a twat with the arm holder for the bigger iPods!

12. My bold..... Shop? Shop? torrents man!!! :lol:

13. Your ideas intrigue me and i wish to learn more.

14. Cast yer minces over this, me old son;

Top Ten Torrent Sites

Torrent Clients.

Warning Will Robinson!

Ensure you have uptodate AV and Antispy on you PC

This information provided as is, no warranty implied, weasel words a speciality etc etc

15. Got one. Software corrupted. Peice of shit!