MP Used Drugs Shocker!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Horridlittleman, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC Link

Home secretary Jacqui Smith used cannabis but didn't like it! That makes it ok though.

What makes it brilliant is that she says she needs to "put in place the laws and the support and information to make sure we carry on bringing cannabis use down". What a cheek as it was this incompetent governement who effectively decriminalised cannabis in the first place.

2. Sadly, I fear that if the 'taking' of cannabis disqualifies a person from holding high office in government or opposition, then the nation may be faced with prospect of me as prime minister and leader of the opposition!

Tell you what though, 'problems' relating to Defence, Crime and Immigration would be addressed pdq!

3. It was 25 years ago FFS who cares?

4. Fair play to her for being open and honest. At least it beats the "Call me Dave" approach of not telling and the Clinton approach of admitting it but then saying he doesn't inhale.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Exactly.
    Anyone who has not made small mistakes in their life does not have the experience of life to qualify them for any office.

6. I agree entirely, but that was not the attitude taken when Mr. Cameron was accused of 'taking' cannabis.

PS How do you 'take' cannabis? Up the jacksie or what?

7. msr

msr LE

Perhaps we might actually get a useful perspective from her: it isn't harmful, it is available in every city, town and village in the country, a large percentage of the country enjoy it and its ongoing prohibition is merely lining the pockets of the dealers.

No, on second thoughts, I don't think we will...

msr

8. The way they have run this country the last 10 years I would'nt be surprised if they all sit (In Parliament) smoking Skunk all day long! I mean they cant be compes mentes with all the crazy rulings they have come up with which have destroyed this once great land.

9. Shock horror: Grown woman once used an illegal substance! At least the Daily Express has something to replace Princess Diana on their front page tomorrow.

10. Which Sunday paper was about to "out" her then? Or did she just wake up this morning and just decide to "Fess up"

Any connection to yesterday's announcement of a review of the policy on canabis? An announcement made "in response" to a loaded PM's question. I smell a bit of spinning going on (or a dead rat - not sure which)

11. Is she?
    Why do all MPs say they only did it a couple of times and didn't enjoy it. If she was being truly honest she'd probably be saying that she loved it and was on the weed at every opportunity!

The fact that she did it doesn't bother me. The fact that she has made decisions in her youth and is now able to use that experience to help guide her decision making process now doesn't bother me. But the cop out way of saying she did it but didn't like it makes me think that its just an exercise to clear her decks!

12. Ideally qualified to formulate defence policy, going by recent standards.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Stupid tart. It's obvious that she was about to be outed. And to say that she didn't enjoy it, or didn't inhale, or that blowjobs wasn't actually sex per se is just a load of old cobblers.

As pointed out, if she wasn't a bullsh!tting politico t@rt, she would have said "Yes, I smoked cannabis at Uni, and I enjoyed it, and maybe I did a bit of coke, but unfortunately E wasn't around then, or I would have done that too, but I most certainly had sex out of wedlock, cheated on some of my exams and fleeced my parents (and the taxpayer) as much as I could whilst having my jollies during studies."

Chance'd be a fine thing.

BTW: No, I didn't.

14. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

"Yes, I smoked cannabis at Uni, and I enjoyed it, and maybe I did a bit of coke, but unfortunately E wasn't around then, or I would have done that too,

No but I always was a goody two shoes

but I most certainly had sex out of wedlock,

damn right

cheated on some of my exams

maybe not the exams but the coursework

and fleeced my parents (and the taxpayer)

yup....that student loan earnt me about £400 in a high interest account and only paid it off last month

as much as I could whilst having my jollies during studies."

Ok so is that Defence or Justice I get?

S_R

15. Because it could be true? I tried it a couple of times and didn't enjoy it.