MP to investigate how Lithuanian entered UK without passport

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by re-stilly, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well in theory this shouldn't take long, would imagine one of the below. Linky

Back of truck
    Shit border control at Ports/Airports
    Under Channel Tunnel Train

But it will cost millions, loads of recommendations and slaps on the back for a job well done. In the meantime it will still happen.

2. The only good thing about this case is that the scumball is now dead.I hope it was a slow death.

How many hundreds of thousands like him lurking in Britain?

3. The whole Border Agency system is completely arsed up. On a similar theme, there was a report in today's Daily Mail about two Lithuanian "brides" (God, they are minging, see below), who have been jailed along with two Indian men for setting up arranged marriages so that the Indian men get EU citizenship. The most laughable part of the report says the two Indian men will be deported after completing their sentences, whereas no doubt the two Lithuanian ladies will be allowed to remain in this fair Isle because they are EU citizens. Completely barking.

Attached Files:

4. If our two Lithuanian 'friends' receive a custodial sentence of 12 months or more then they will be deported too; the relevant laws are in place and they would only have very limited grounds for an almost certainly unsuccessful appeal.

5. Britain needs to take a robust stance on immigration from EU countries and bar criminals from these countries entering the UK.If any of our EU"partnres" object,they should be directed to cfuk off.Simples.

Chances of this happening with the UK border Agency and the bufoons who run Britain?,the square root of sweet FA.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Errm, forgive me if I am wrong, but lithuania became part of the EU in 2004, meaning free travel in Europe and the UK. They can just walk in after showing a passport. The national ID card would not be needed for a visitor.

How much money will it cost for this "investigation" to take place? Get on a plane, get off a plane, walk through the airport, sorted.

7. (slightly off topic, but only slightly) What would happen if the UK was to turn around and say **** off, I don't care if you're an EU citizen, you can't get any Welfare Money from the UK until you've been a UK tax payer for 24 months?

I know it's not likely to happen, but it would be interesting to see the EU leaders faces when the PM told them to ram the open borders thing up their hoops.

8. History Man, I don't doubt that the relevant laws are in place. However, these "ladies", or more specifically, their lawyers, have yet to play the Human Rights card; guaranteeing their right to a family life in the UK. It is inevitable, sadly.

9. This government gets the UK Border force it deserves.

10. Not necessarily, no. If they contracted fraudulent marriages, then they cannot realistically argue that their 'family life' is here. Our learned friends, the judiciary, are getting increasingly fed up with specious arguments which undermine confidence in the criminal justice system. I would be very, very surprised if they are not returned to Lithuania in due course. As EU/EEA nationals they cannot argue that they risk being persecuted in their own EU state. If I am wrong, I'll buy you a pint ;-)

11. I'll defer to your better knowledge in this area - my own expertise is limited to what I can gether on the Internet and other media! I sincerely hope you are right - it is about time the judiciary "pushed back" against this tide of blatant piss taking.
    With regards to the pint, happy to match you if you are proved right! :)

12. I applaud your faith in the common-sense of the written law, however as we all know this is interpreted by fuckwit bleeding heart lawyers who will, after thousands of yours and mine pounds will allow these people to stay due to them owning a cat, budgie or hamster.

13. It would mean that CMD has finally grown a pair. So you're right. It'll never happen.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Why suffer a draught? Last time I came back on the tunnel they checked our ticket but not passports. Nor did they ask for ID. Breezed on at Gare du Norde, breezed off at St Pancras. The less said about their security protocols the better. As for the two Lithuanian lovelies, they will produce a cat they have adopted and claim the wrench of leaving it will unbalance their minds. You couldn't make it up.

BBC News - Immigrant cat story: Ken Clarke 'regrets' jibe at May

15. Not quite,Britain is not in the Schengen group which allows this.In theory,you have to show some form of ID to enter.