MP quizzed by police over bhurka comments

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biped, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Daily Wail

Now, apart from the fact that he should rally consider wearing one himself, I'd just like to point out that this is what Parliamentary Privilege is in place to protect - FREEDOM OF SPEECH, most importantly, freedom in the House to speak as one's own conscience dictates, without fear of prosecution.

2. Well put.

I can't help but suspect that the media feel they have to publish everything that is said in commons. Further, if they end up publishing something offensive, they want to blame anyone except themselves.

This wouldn't have been a story if some observer in the house had have thought, "ooh, that's a bit offensive, maybe I shouldn't jot that down."

3. Sounds like a definite case of wasting plods time. Wonder when the arrests will be made.

4. Freedom of speech-a quaint concept that Labour will ban if re-elected.

You have been warned.

5. A non story then?

6. Arrests? The Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council (which i believe was formerly the Northamptonshire Racial Equality Council), is a fine beacon of multicultural Britain. Just look at how representative they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see their hard work at http://www.wellingboroughrec.org.uk/

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council, typical luvvies who think they are more important than the law. Glad they were fcuked off at the high port - in the end. Rather symptomatic of the state things are in though, having to pander to every Tom Dick and Harry. Surely Plod would have heard of Parliamentary privilege and told them from the get go?

8. Indeed, though as biped pointed out, this is what Parliamentary Privilege is in place to protect and not protect the thieving, corrupt twats from being prosecuted for their financial scamming of the public purse.

9. I see what you mean Major. I stupidly didn`t grasp that the cream of modern British society were involved. :(

10. To be fair I rather suspect that there are not too many Tom, Dick or Harry's working for NREC or similar organisations.

11. Cosseted employment of the un-employable at taxpayers expense.

No wonder taxes are high and rising.

Sack the fcuking lot and close whatever quango they are in.

12. Close the 'quango'.

Close many, many quangos and save soooooooo much money.

13. Quote,
    "Sack the fcuking lot and close whatever quango they are in."

They can't close this and other quangos, they're Liebours core vote.

Sorry "Edited for mongness"

14. I'm surprised nobody in Plod realised the comments were untouchable by them. Or was local plod running a book on how long it would take CPS to twig they couldn't do owt..?

15. I,ve decided which way I,m voting!!!!!
    I,m sick of this sort of sh1te.....it,s gone too far!!!!