Mozilla Firefox and MSN Hotmail/Messenger

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by The_ODP, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering if you can associate your MSN Hotmail/Messenger with Mozilla Firefox.

When I click on the mail icon it opens with Internet explorer but I want Mozilla to do that task.

Cheers for your help

THE_ODP

2. I guessing but you'll probably have to make Fire Fox your default internet browser and mail client.

You can do this through MS Internet Explorer by going to the "tools" menu > Internet Options > Programs. Set the defaults there to Fire Fox.

3. Naa you cant do it by default browser settings as Microsoft own MSN and Hotmail. The only way i know of doing it is by getting a thing called StuffPlug3 google it i have it but im not sure if its a script which runs through MSN messenger plus. There both free to download.

4. Can't say that I'm surprised that it can't be done the obvious way.
    MSN messenger is like a damn virus, it took me ages to finally eradicate it from my computer so it didn't keep popping open on its own all the time. :x

5. msr

msr LE

6. There is a nice little add-on for Firefox called Toolbar Buttons.

The add-on give you lots more buttons (see the link for what they are) to choose from in order to customise Firefox. One of these is a Hotmail button.

Right click navigation bar > customize... > scroll till you find it, drag this onto the bar where bookmarks, back, forward buttons etc are (or wherever you want).

When you click this it will open the page where you sign into Hotmail (Windows Live).

Not sure if this will open MSN messenger because I've just rebuilt this machine and not installed it yet.

7. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Have you tried meebo?

It is an in browser IM client that uses AIM, MSN, Yahoo etc etc. Very handy if your IT people restrict the ports that MSN etc use

In Firefox you could just have it as an open tab

Just a thought

http://www.meebo.com/

8. Cheers everyone...

I tried Hypno85's: Stuffplug3 and it does exactly what I wanted it to do and more.

Again cheers everyone.