Moving to Wigan

#1
I' ve been offered a job in Wigan. Interested (the employer will fly me there, and pay for my settlement), I asked about the town, etc. I was warned that the area classified as a HSD (High Scouse Density?) area, whatever that means, and that I should be armed when not in my home. The employment is Solutions oriented Security work, the employer THe Orange House on King Street. Now, over here, I've my Concealed Carry permit for pistol. What is the protocol for transferring this over to UK?Must it be holstered in Plain Sight, or concealed on my person? In the boot of my car? Also, what is "chibbed"? I was told that in addition to my daily rate, I could also expect to be chibbed at least once a week. Is this like pooling tips? I really must learn "English" as it were. Thanks for your help.
 
#2
No guns allowed.

If you get mugged you must let it happen, to react could result in court action against you.
 
#3
HULL, Quebec to Wigan :?

Have you considered a move to Canada 1st :p
 
#7
The concealed weapon thing might allow you to spend 4 years or so living rent free as a guest of Her Majesty. You might also want to consider buying a used FV432 as the family run-around. Yes, it's a little thirsty but there are no wheel trims and the thieving little cnuts will have a harder time running off with the tracks than they would your wheels.
 
#8
Busta-Gut said:
HULL, Quebec to Wigan :?

Have you considered a move to Canada 1st :p
I don't understand; Quebec IS in Canada. It is a provinc, mch, I think, like your "Shires" Pls. explain?
 
#9
Chibbed roughly translates to getting hit / punched... Not sure what that has to do with your Daily rate though!

And a Scouser is normally person from Liverpool but the accent is heading as far as Skelmersdale. Skem is rubbish. They have a pool and the diving board is never open. That nearly ruined my childhood. But back on topic, Scousers are generally looked down upon as they have a repuation for being a bunch of thieving reprobates.

This is not 100% true but may serve as an indication of the 'attractiveness' of the part of town you are going to.

More info can be found here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chibb/chibbed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigan

Good luck! The town's not to bad and the pies and rugby are great!

T C
 
#10
Crab,
Are you saying that pistols are illegal in UK? How do Britons defend themselves then?Also, I need some advice re/ chibbing still. Must I declare it as income or are tips t tax-freebie like over here? Thanks
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#11
Flagrantviolator said:
Crab,
Are you saying that pistols are illegal in UK? How do Britons defend themselves then?Also, I need some advice re/ chibbing still. Must I declare it as income or are tips t tax-freebie like over here? Thanks
Ah fcuk it, I'll bite :D 'Chibbing' is a Scottish word for stabbing someone.

As in the common phrase "A'm gonnae pure chib ye by the way ya radge" Trans: "I say you cad, the time has come for me to stab you in the stomach. I do not care for your tone. En garde."

Edit: Bollocks. Beaten to it by The_Cheat.
 
#12
Flagrantviolator said:
Crab,
Are you saying that pistols are illegal in UK? How do Britons defend themselves then?
Firearms for the general public are illegal in the UK.

Defending oneself is a big bone of contention, quite often people who have defended themselves have found themselves on the wrong side of the law.
 
#13
Flagrantviolator said:
Busta-Gut said:
HULL, Quebec to Wigan :?

Have you considered a move to Canada 1st :p
I don't understand; Quebec IS in Canada. It is a provinc, mch, I think, like your "Shires" Pls. explain?
Just taking the urine. :lol:

Quebec "Nation within a Nation", "separatists", that kinda thing.

Oh, and I live in Ontario.
 
#14
Busta-Gut said:
Flagrantviolator said:
Busta-Gut said:
HULL, Quebec to Wigan :?

Have you considered a move to Canada 1st :p
I don't understand; Quebec IS in Canada. It is a provinc, mch, I think, like your "Shires" Pls. explain?
Just taking the urine. :lol:

Quebec "Nation within a Nation", "separatists", that kinda thing.

Oh, and I live in Ontario.


Nice. We have something in common. I work in Ontario, and take all the profits home to Quebec. So thanks.
 
#15
so you have been offered a security job at the orange house on King St Wigan.

i think you should take it, honestly, it would be an eye opener for you thats for sure, in the future years you can look back on it as one of those 'learning life experiences' type thing.

but seriously - King St Wigan is a weekend heavy drinking zone were all the young and full of viniger go to cram as many 2-1 drinks down thier necks as soon as possible before bar closure, then its all pile outside for a fight over the taxis.
the vast majority of your 'work colleagues' on the doors will be the personified 'plastic gangster' wanna-be hardman type, and are all known locally for any excuse for excessive violence and helping you 'get' things for the evening.
dont forget a stab proof vest. this is no joke.

I live in Wigan, I dont drink on King St, its for di*kheads, theres a lot better places to go.

if you would like any questions answered, (I bet i know who the offer of employment is off) please PM me.

PS, dont call pie eaters scousers. its just not worth it.

PPS, its not called the orange house anymore either, (too many complaints from the local St Pats supporters)
 
#17
went to wigan on a rugby stag do,got left there aswell.was offerred a bed for the night a wonderfully young and nimble girlie type,but the wife came and picked me up instead.i have mates that come from wigan,they live in yorkshire,know what i mean.if you like clogs and chimneys,then wigans the place to be,and leeds is the best rugby team in the world,official. to be serious though,wigan,and the north is a lot better than living darn sarff.so go on,i dare you.
 
#18
Wigan is a shitehole fcuking stupid accent as well! move to Platt Bridge it's for winners :twisted:
only good thing about Wigan is the 4 roads out of it some nice area's near by though
 
#20
Flagrantviolator said:
I' ve been offered a job in Wigan. Interested (the employer will fly me there, and pay for my settlement), I asked about the town, etc. I was warned that the area classified as a HSD (High Scouse Density?) area, whatever that means, and that I should be armed when not in my home. The employment is Solutions oriented Security work, the employer THe Orange House on King Street. Now, over here, I've my Concealed Carry permit for pistol. What is the protocol for transferring this over to UK?Must it be holstered in Plain Sight, or concealed on my person? In the boot of my car? Also, what is "chibbed"? I was told that in addition to my daily rate, I could also expect to be chibbed at least once a week. Is this like pooling tips? I really must learn "English" as it were. Thanks for your help.
i'v had to return to this post. its been playing on my mind a bit over the last two days.

theres a few strange discrepancies here Flagrantviolator, i wonder if you would be so kind as to comment on them.........................

I' ve been offered a job in Wigan..... The employment is Solutions oriented Security work, the employer THe Orange House on King Street.
the Orange house on king st was a chain bar establishment who leased the building, they closed down, and the building was renovated and reopened under a new name and by a new company allmost a year ago. just when did you get this 'job offer'?
also ALL the security for the pubs/clubs on king st is contracted to a local security firm, the Orange House or the company that owned it has never hired security personel themselfs, they have allways subcontracted it out to the local firm. (this from a convo last night with the security firms owner. who btw happens to be a distant relation of mine)

and that I should be armed when not in my home.
with a pistol? they told you that theres a doormans job in wigan and bring your pistol, the towns 'a bit rough'? honestly?

Now, over here, I've my Concealed Carry permit for pistol. What is the protocol for transferring this over to UK?Must it be holstered in Plain Sight, or concealed on my person? In the boot of my car?
Are you saying that pistols are illegal in UK? How do Britons defend themselves then?
I find it fcuking incredible to belive that a pistol shooter who has shot enough to get a concealed carry permit in canada (who also has 'contractor' and 'ex-armoured' in his profile) has never heard of the dunblane massacre or the british handgun ban that resulted from it.

what is "chibbed"? I was told that in addition to my daily rate, I could also expect to be chibbed at least once a week. Is this like pooling tips? I really must learn "English"
this is a direct reference to the king st doorman who was stabbed to death last year, in that month there was a stabbing a weekend on king st.
you have to ask about british local slang, but looking over all your previous posts you allready seem to have a very large usage and grasp of northern english grammar and mannerisms.

and above all this you post it in the naffi....................... hhmmmmm

Flagrantviolator - either, a pie-eater has been taking the piss out of you with bullshite promises of a complete fantasist job and your dumb enough to have to post enquiries on here................

or your a walt telling porkies.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads