Moving to Northern Ireland

RRV8

GCM
Bid and counter bid. We're well over any published guide prices. Chatting to the estate agents, guide prices are out of the window. We'll put another bid in on Monday, but I don't think we'll get it.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, it sounds like a right buggers muddle for you.

Incidentally, I spoke with a mate over the phone yesterday (retired English bloke in NI), who said that he believes the estate agents sometimes play people in an attempt to bid-up the final price.

In his particular example (4 years ago BTW so not in this mad period), he went for a house that was priced at £200,000. There had been very little interest in said house for the 4-months it had been on the market but when he submitted the full asking price, low and behold, the agent came back immediately saying that he had just received a better offer of £205K.

My mate then went up in increments of £5K until he arrived at £230K; then, suddenly, without hesitation from the agent, it was accepted.

As @JCC mentioned previously these guys are a proper bunch of wannabe horse traders.

I do hope things work out for you though.

Good luck ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that mate, it sounds like a right buggers muddle for you.

Incidentally, I spoke with a mate over the phone yesterday (retired English bloke in NI), who said that he believes the estate agents sometimes play people in an attempt to bid-up the final price.

In his particular example (4 years ago BTW so not in this mad period), he went for a house that was priced at £200,000. There had been very little interest in said house for the 4-months it had been on the market but when he submitted the full asking price, low and behold, the agent came back immediately saying that he had just received a better offer of £205K.

My mate then went up in increments of £5K until he arrived at £230K; then, suddenly, without hesitation from the agent, it was accepted.

As @JCC mentioned previously these guys are a proper bunch of wannabe horse traders.

I do hope things work out for you though.

Good luck ;-)

Hence why I pull the SIL schoolmate connections.