Moving to Brawdy!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by IBRU, Jan 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi just found out i am posted to Brawdy, is there anyone there or recently there that could give me some info on the unit, area, local watering holes, Full of good guys or full of tossers?

Any info apreciated

2. I dropped of some 439's there some time ago. You have my deepest sympathy. It's cold, wet and literally makes Brecon look like it's in the middle of civilisation. Allow 2 hours travel time before you hit a motorway and buy some decent thermals. Brawdy is miles from any kind of civilisation but has a bowling ally outside of camp left by the US Navy when they packed up their sub hunting operation there in the 90’s. You will also find that some bright spark put security fences everywhere inside the camp itself which turned the place into some kind of lab-rat-maze experiment, so what should have been a 2 minute walk to the main gate is now a 15 minute detour.
    Again, you have my deepest, deepest sympathy.

P.S. Who did you upset?
  3. Don't Know but if your reading i am really sorry for whatever i did to you and it's not too late to reconsider my posting request to Cyprus :lol: :wink:
  4. Brawdy is very remote (unless your family live in deepest Pembrokshire) but the locals are friendly, lots of opportunity for adv trg, some nice pubs (although there are also some awful ones), best of all the Regiment works a four day week! This is to compensate for the distance to the rest of civilisation and motivates everyone to work hard during the rest of the week. Your personal circumstances and interests also make a difference.

The old adage applies - every posting is what you make of it. Some people go there and really enjoy it, others sit in their rooms whining like school-girls......your choice.
  5. I like Brawdy, but can understand why others hate it!! Good place to go if you want to get fit, anyway :?
  6. Can't be too bad, some of the troops in Blandford actively ask for a posting their.......... or maybe its a cunning double bluff...... :lol: Did some adv trg their a while back (in the summer) and enjoyed it. Surfing beaches are in easy reach too....... as its been said, its what you make of it. 4 day week can't be bad...... 8)