moving rooms!!! (again)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by celldweller, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, im currently half way through my posting which is in germany. I went to my own expence to have a landline telephone and internet connection put in my room, only for 4 months when they had a big fitter section change around in which I had to change rooms to a completly different block.
    All well on until I was told I had to pay for the reconnection of the phone line, so I bit the bullet and cracked on. Now 8 more month down the line, its all change and im moving again along with my phone line.
    Can this be fair? is there anything i can claim? after all you never see a pad moving houses every couple of months and if they do they get a fair bit cash!!!!

Rant over!!!!

2. No its not fair and probably over looked by the CoC. Mention it to your SSM/CSM, not as a rant, but just as an explanation of the costs incurred. This may then be considered in furture when deciding to move people around.
  3. At our unit all connection costs can be reclaimed
  4. Ask for a written explanation of why you are being moved. If it is 'in the needs of the service' and is a forced move you can claim Single Soldier's Disturbance (at the lower rate)

Honestly - this is true. The problem would be getting it in writing.
  5. someone posted here that singlies get DA £85....every little helps!
  6. Thank you all, I was expecting to get some stick.