Moving from SFA into private home, am I entitled to any expenses?

Looking to move (next 12 months) not been reassigned or likely to be. Currently based in London. My partner has a house in Bristol which we are selling to fund the move, the house was owned pre marriage 2 years ago.

Are we able to get any removals etc? I know the army have been keen to encourage self ownership, but I’ve not been able to find anything on this subject.

Thank you in advance!

Looking to move (next 12 months) not been reassigned or likely to be. Currently based in London. My partner has a house in Bristol which we are selling to fund the move, the house was owned pre marriage 2 years ago.

Are we able to get any removals etc? I know the army have been keen to encourage self ownership, but I’ve not been able to find anything on this subject.

Thank you in advance!
Have you had a look at the JSP for allowances?

I have, there’s nothing specific about moving of your own accord. Clearly this could mean no entitlement, but I just want to check so I don’t miss out.

If I remember rightly (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if not), you're only entitled if it's a service move ie posting, long deployment, or for the benefit of the service. You have to fund your own moves, this includes moving quarter in the same area if you want to up / down size, or moving to your own private accommodation but staying in the same post.

No worries, I thought this might be the case, but they seem to want to encourage people into private accommodation - but don’t want to help with any benefits, seems a little short sighted, but it is what it is!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you are not moving as a result of an assignment ie not in the service interest then you will not be entitled to disturbance allowance or removals. However, your unit clerks are much better placed to advise you than the old duffers here.

Latest Threads