Moving email file.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stupidly I deleted one of my wife's email files.
    Thankfully it is copied to my email account.How can I move the file back to her account? We are both on IE Outlook,both use the same laptop.
  2. email it to her!?
  3. Do you mean the .dbx database file, a .pst or an actual email?

Sorry - read that as Outlook Express, not Outlook - the db file is .ost ...
  4. Been nosing about have we :wink:
  5. Its a folder containg 66 emails.
  6. Okay - the short answer is that you're probably not stuffed. Microsoft store this stuff in a database file so assuming you are talking about normal people home email rather than an Exchange server (when you could use the "recover deleted items" function), I reckon you've got some grovelling to do (unless you know her passwords.)

Okay - what you need to do is to get the folder on your Outlook and use the "export" function to export it to a .pst. If you don't have a shared area on the computer, you and Mrs V can then copy the .pst on to her filesystem area. Regardless, she can then open the .pst in her Outlook instance and copy the folder back into her main outlook hierarchy.

I know some of that is probably gibberish to you but I would need details of o/s, version of outlook etc to give you a more detailed step-by-step.
  7. Idrach.Thank you very much for your help.Thankfully my neighbours nephew is visiting them at the weekend(snow/floods permitting) I think he'll fix it for me.

He's 14.