Moving down under??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Ozduke, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came to Oz on a free transfer a few years ago and would be happy to answer any questions people may have on doing the same thing.
    It’s been a good move, although some off the guys have been f#cked about in the process – nothing more than they were used to mind you!
  2. I know a Oz ex-duke in Brisbane, mmmmmm
  3. Ozduke

Did you transfer across before completion of your 22? Was transferring the pension across easy?
  4. I came out before my 22 yrs - I've spoken to others though and the pension is the biggest downer; you can't bring it with you & you'll get taxed (twice) on your UK pension is you come over too!
    That said - jobs for the boys until your 55. And the sun does shine....
  5. Los Cojones - That's balls to you.

There is only one, in recent times anyway!
  6. Cheers Oz
  7. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Would you get taxed twice if you left your pension in a uk account or an offshore account.

Why do you get taxed twice?
  8. I don't know - I joined the Dukes because I couldn't do maths!
    One would presume that if you earn the dosh overseas and leave it there you'll not get taxed - butI would say it would have to be declared. OK, my wife does the taxes in my house - but there's a few blokes who I now work with over here who are ex UK Forces. One declares it & is therefore taxed by Aus and the other is doing the dodgy. Up to you. I was a 5 year Offr, so was still red a red arse. Oh, wait, I will get about 1200 quid a year when I'm 65.
    I do know how many points you get for a try though.