Moving away

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by lemonkettaz, Jul 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me that isnt bothered about being away from home for... like ever? :)

I say this because it seems that there is alot of focus on time away from the away i.e. annual leave, leave during basic, weekends off when not on operation etc...

But for me I'm not that bothered and tbh wouldn't want to be constantly heading back home, I guess it's because I havent lived with me parents since I was 18 (now 22) and I class my home as living with me student mates at uni, who most of them are spread around the country and all finish uni next year so coming back home will be a non event for me, I only end up travelling around the country visiting mates from uni...

Im rambling but my point is do you have to take all the time off they offer and will you be left by yourself when everyone else does? and anyone feel the same...

P.S. i wasnt sure where to put this thread.

2. Believe me you will be glad of the time off you are given.

3. Putting training aside you do with your leave what you wish. It can spent with your mates or with family, the Army doesnt really care as long as you take your leave and do your own admin to get there and back again.

You will know when to take it becuase you will be knackered or simply need time away for an event.

Dont want to go on leave when the unit does? No problem enjoy being on guard duty :)

4. Keep up that attitude and you'll be quids in come christmas guard duties.

5. I dont give a sh1t about been away from home but no chance on hell will i be giving up any leave, you must be crazy!! Leave=party time, or so i've heard ;-)

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My bold.

Now BAOR in the 60s/70s - THAT was party time. 8)

7. Sorry excuse my numbness but what does BAOR mean?

8. :omg:

British Army Of the Rhine

9. ok will google it