Movie rentals

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by donmac, Apr 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone advise me re: online film rental eg LOVEFILM etc.?

2. Huge stock, efficient delivery etc. But stopped my contract, twice, after repeatedly getting scratched and damaged dvds. Wouldn't bother with them again.

3. Agree, shame there's no one who can do better.

Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE so excuse random "spellchecking"

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

**shrugs**

had a lovefilm account for years - never any problems tbh. had a coupole of discs that wouldnt play and they replaced them no questions asked. theyve saved me a fortune.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks lads.
    What about downloading the movies. Is there a rental or subscription system for that?

6. Some of the packages come with the option of streaming from their website, or you can watch them on your PS3 or Xbox. However, the selection of movies you get which are included in the packages are terrible with maybe no more than a handfull of movies worth watching at any one time and you don't get any new releases via the web service.

That is of course unless you're willing to pay more, even if you have a membership with them if you want to stream the latest movies from them then they charge an extra £3 a pop. I sent them an email once asking why the selection of ones with my package was so crap and got fobbed off.

7. More thanks. I'll check out those links.

8. Just left Love Film, no problems just getting too many films even at 2 a month.
    Now joined Netflixx (sp). They don't offer so much choice but have enough for family (daughter goes on line at her house) and me.

9. Thanks DMS