Move this forum now, or well see you in Strasbourg

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Just because we are rich in years, talk shite and dribble, does that mean we should be relegated to a place below threads about New Zealand (12 posts) or DIY (4 posts and Hiram's Mum, who posts there obsessively in the hope that he will write).

I feel the human rights of the Old 'n' Bold are being trampled upon here.

If this forum were to be moved up the board, lets say, between current affairs and that daft Totty forum, maybe we would shut up?

Might. Might not. Have to see.

2. Hello there, I've always liked you.

Stay away from the windows and if you feel yourself drifting to sleep, stay away from lights at the end of the tunnel.

3. I agree I D! The arthritis in my hands makes it hard work to scroll any farther down than the Naafi :)

4. I smell prejuwish....pregudish.....That new thing. What the fcuk do they call it?? We of the rusty zip brigade don't like it at the bottom.................. it's lonely :crazy:

5. We must look on the positive side lad's
    WE are stronger than the rest!!!!!!!!!!!
    We hold everyone up.

6. I try to p1ss quicker! It's me prostrate you see :crazy:

7. Ah yes, all our younger brethren have the finger *********** yet to come. Un fcukin rucky!

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Moving swiftly on... Maybe we should get one of our own to Lobby on our behalf? I can call that Stephen Byers. He's just down the road. Unless he's on a mission for Anderson & Perry Associates. Or has his finger up his arrse.

I used to have an active sex life till I found his forum was under some bollocks about New Zealand. Now? Nothing.

Get me my solicitors. This has gone on long enough.

9. I personally feel outraged, I didn't die in two world wars just to be relegated below New Zealand. Someone should write a stern letter to The Times.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What we should really have is a Veterans site, not just a measley Old n Bold forum.

Just think if us wrinklies had our own site - like Rear Party have - we could have a forum in the site for walts so they can play away and not bother anyone. 8)

What other Fora should we have?

We could also have our own gallery - not photographs - but those paintings that adorn walls of British army messes the world over. If there are photos then they should bt B&W only :D :D

11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

But it does get a bit dark stuck down here. Perhaps if we were moved up a bit we might see the light.

12. Seeing as my surname begins with W, I was always at the bottom of the list on pay parade. So i'm used to it. But it was always a relief when I stamped up "Pay and book correct Sah" and there was enough money left.God Bless the Queen

13. My Bold - Surely we can have Sepia ones too Auld Yin? :D

14. Of course we should be up a bit. If it wasn't for our modern army beating back the might of what the Soviets were going to throw at us there would be no modern modern army from which we could be scorned from. The young 'uns just have no respect, not like in our days of course. We respected our older types. It's a sad sad time we live in. The younger generation have just got it way too easy.

I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof. Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hole in the ground? Tarpaulin? You were lucky. We couldn't afford a hole, had to live above the ground, since we couldn't afford the rent for the ground. Had to hover six feet in the air at all times. As for tarpaulin; never saw one, only ever heard of the posh folks having something like that.

But I agree that we should move up a bit. Not too far since I get out of breath easily, and my bones ache, and I get a nose bleed at any height.