Moustache in the army

I’ve been in the army reserves for a year now and want to grow a tash, what’s the rules and regs on growing a moustache in today’s army and does anyone have them as they were popular with the military in the 80s

THE QUEEN'S REGULATIONS FOR THE ARMY
Personal Appearance 5.366. a. Hair. (1) Males. The hair of the head is to be kept well cut and trimmed, except where authority has been granted otherwise on religious grounds; style and colour (if not natural) is not to be of an exaggerated nature. If a moustache is worn, it is to be trimmed and not below the line of the lower lip. Beards and whiskers are only to be worn with authority, which will usually be granted only on medical or religious grounds, or where tradition permits. The appearance of the beard and whiskers is to be neat and tidy. Sideburns are not to descend below the mid point of the ear and are to be trimmed horizontally. (My emboldening)

Don't shave your upper lip.

From 1860-1916 the Uniform Regulations for the British Army Required Every Soldier to have a Moustache

I’ve been in the army reserves for a year now and want to grow a tash, what’s the rules and regs on growing a moustache in today’s army and does anyone have them as they were popular with the military in the 80s
Had a nice mutton chop look going on that was admired by the burrrds when I was in. I had nothing but positive feedback about it. "Nice whiskers, Sar' major" etc."
Chap 4.jpg

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
The most wonderfully mustachioed body of men I ever encountered were the PPCLI in Bosnia. Olde worlde waxing and styling to the fore and I could recognise some of them from behind!

Canucks eh! They're not as dull as you think they are

The most wonderfully mustachioed body of men I ever encountered were the PPCLI in Bosnia. Olde worlde waxing and styling to the fore and I could recognise some of them from behind!

Canucks eh! They're not as dull as you think they are
The best part is they still carry that on, but mostly delegated to the women in the regiment these days.....

Thank god they ditched that one.

I always look like I have mange when I go for facial hair
Most sprogs have two looks when they grow their first tache. Both self descriptive.
1. The hit on the lip with a wet skipping rope. Normally sported by an 18 year old who has yet to have both testicles drop.
2. The rat peering over a toothbrush. The province of the young skinny jock straight off the "scheme" and trying desperately to not look like a malnourished junkie and failing