Mouse Problems

Am running Win7 x64bit and the Wheel on my mouse has developed a mind of it's own. Mouse is a Logitech G9x, have downloaded and installed the latest drivers but the problem is still there. When you scroll down it moves down for a couple of clicks and then goes up, other times it doesn't work at all. Have tried a different mouse but the problem still exists. Anyone have any clues how to cure the problem?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
ps2 or usb connection? checked settings in control panel?

So it's obviously not your mouse. (chances of two broken ones being used?)

There are a couple of things that you can try, but have a go at this first.

Click on the Windows start button to open the menu.
Right click Computer.
Click on Properties.
Click Advanced system settings
Click Advanced
Click Settings (Under Performance)
Make sure "Smooth Scroll list" box has a 'tick' in it. If it hasn't, then tick it.

Apply and OK everything, reboot and let us know if it worked.

Oh, if the "Smooth Scroll list" box is ticked, keep it ticked, and let us know.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
You don't replace a G9x with a Tesco Value jobby, you ******* heathens. It's mouse royalty!

Try getting a cat. You're welcome

I've had the same in the past, just plugged it into another USB port & it sorted itself out when it re-loaded the drivers.

You always did strike me as a cat person...

Am running Win7 x64bit and the Wheel on my mouse has developed a mind of it's own. Mouse is a Logitech G9x, have downloaded and installed the latest drivers but the problem is still there. When you scroll down it moves down for a couple of clicks and then goes up, other times it doesn't work at all. Have tried a different mouse but the problem still exists. Anyone have any clues how to cure the problem?
Are you up and running yet?

You don't replace a G9x with a Tesco Value jobby, you ******* heathens. It's mouse royalty!
Tis but a pretender to the crown, the RAT 7 is the undisputed king of mousedom!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
archer Military History and Militaria 6
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 6
B RLC 23