Mourinho for England Manager........

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by HH_2, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clicky

What do people think?

Would he make a good england manager or would "the special one" just **** it up?
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

As much as I think the man is an arrogant cock, his record and achievements put me back in my box.

The only downside I can see to his appointment would be that Lampards place in the squad would be a lot safer, and the bloke has been useless with an England shirt on recently. As has Gerrard. Both of those "safe" positions need to be seriously reviewed, the pair of them can't play together and care more about club football than the National team.
  3. I think this is more of "The Special One" (c) enjoying being in the press, as I think he will wait out for the Portugal job.

It would be good to have him, but what if we got the fish eaters in the next world cup quarter finals? Would he stay on board?

Also, how would he deal with the FA? They can be pains in the proverbial at the best of times, but the pressure to qualify next time around will be doubled, and it's well known how he deals with influence from the unknowning higher echelons.

Wishful thinking, bad in practice (both the idea of Jose managing us, and the English teams performance since 2005).
  4. I couldn't give two hoots about Lumplard, but by fuck I hope Ged gives more of a shit about the Club than that rotting edifice called "Team England" :x

The boos and Catcalls are enough to convince me that he should never voluntarily pull on an England Shirt ever again. I hope Crouchinho tells them to piss off at the High port the next time the nobbers come calling.

As for Mourinho? The FA and him deserve each other. They will fall over themselves to lick each others hoops out in a big Maureen / Press / FA love in and then all turn on each other like wild dogs the moment a result does not go the way of the no hopers in white.

Still. I can't see the FA appointing him. They like Yes men, and he is decidedly NOT one of those.
  5. On the face of it he'd be perfect but can you really see him sticking with England until 2010?

I say no chance...Jose is a mercenary and will be offski as soon as there's a vacancy at Real/Barca/Juve/Milan, leaving England in the lurch.

Better to get in Capello who has nothing left to prove and is at the end of an illustrious career.
  6. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

take the best you can possibly get - so mourinho is the right one for the job
  7. The thing about the Special One is that if the England team is still no good we will know that it is the players who need to be sacked - not the manager. I have never felt certain about that since Sir Alf Ramsey. :)
  8. The England team are a bunch of underachieving arses. The talent in that squad should not be in a position whereby they miss any major international tournament but there it is.

Whoever manages them next needs to put a rocket up the whole squad. There are plenty of players in the Championship who would relish the oppourtunity to play for their country.

They might not achieve anything but can anybody tell me what the current England squad has achieved.

In short, I say put Mourinho in charge, you cant argue with the mans results. He is still a cnut though, unless he brings the World Cup home to England in 2010.
  9. Chelsea didnt play cohesively under him, and that's England's biggest problem. MacLeish would be a better choice. If only he wasn't a porridge fancier.
  14. I'd say bring on Harry, but what with all that's been in the papers today it's hardly likely. He's one of the few who could re-ignite the nations self belief and pride. I also think that the days of footballers picking and choosing which matches they play in would be over if Redknapp took the job.